Sleepwalking, or Talking in your sleep

Krosigrim

My story isnt sexy or anything like that... but here it goes...

When I was about 6 or 7 ( i might have been 9) I stayed up all night because my birthday was the next day. I guess I must have dozed off because when I woke up I was in the 7-11 storage room a block from my house. I guess it was good that I was living in a good neighborhood. :P

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was about 6 or 7 ( i might have been 9) I stayed up all night because my birthday was the next day. I guess I must have dozed off because when I woke up I was in the 7-11 storage room a block from my house. I guess it was good that I was living in a good neighborhood. :D

Yeah, you lucked out there. At least it wasn"t the freezer BWAH HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Edited by onetrueblade

When I was about 6 or 7 ( i might have been 9) I stayed up all night because my birthday was the next day. I guess I must have dozed off because when I woke up I was in the 7-11 storage room a block from my house. I guess it was good that I was living in a good neighborhood. :D

Yeah, you lucked out there. At least it wasn"t the freezer BWAH HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Might as well have been, it was in April burrrr

Hmmm. your not the only one. When I was like 6 or 7, I got up real late and when into the living room. My step dad was in the kitchen getting something to eat, but he was watching Doctor Who in the living room. He came back to find me laying on the floor, watching the TV. He told me to go to bed, and I looked right up ar him, upside down and everything, and just stared. He musta said it over and over and got mad, because I remember him turning me over slightly, and spanking me. I remember laughing in his face!!!! The next morning I recalled most of it, but it felt like a dream. And when I mentioned it, he told me it did happen.

And you, OneTrueBlade, mentioned something about your parents locking the door. Well I was on a road trip with my Dad, and we were at a motel. Late that night, he heard this consistent noise and came to the front door, to find me undoing the chain latch. He asked me what I was doing, and I said I was going to go outside or something. So he told me to go back to bed. Thing was, when he found me, I had just unlatched it. If he didn't wake up, I would have been wondering in my sleep, at the age of 11, in God knows where Arizona. Damn Mitochondrialeve, your story makes me think about that. That would be so shocking to find your self anywhere but home, much less a 7-11 storage room.

Damn, if i keep this up, I'm going to run out of stories!!!

So yea, anyway, good job people, keep 'em comming.

Edited by Belthasar

Hmmm. your not the only one. When I was like 6 or 7, I got up real late and when into the living room. My step dad was in the kitchen getting something to eat, but he was watching Doctor Who in the living room. He came back to find me laying on the floor, watching the TV. He told me to go to bed, and I looked right up ar him, upside down and everything, and just stared. He musta said it over and over and got mad, because I remember him turning me over slightly, and spanking me. I remember laughing in his face!!!! The next morning I recalled most of it, but it felt like a dream. And when I mentioned it, he told me it did happen.

And you, OneTrueBlade, mentioned something about your parents locking the door. Well I was on a road trip with my Dad, and we were at a motel. Late that night, he heard this consistent noise and came to the front door, to find me undoing the chain latch. He asked me what I was doing, and I said I was going to go outside or something. So he told me to go back to bed. Thing was, when he found me, I had just unlatched it. If he didn't wake up, I would have been wondering in my sleep, at the age of 11, in God knows where Arizona. Damn Mitochondrialeve, your story makes me think about that. That would be so shocking to find your self anywhere but home, much less a 7-11 storage room.

Damn, if i keep this up, I'm going to run out of stories!!!

So yea, anyway, good job people, keep 'em comming.

I never escaped the house while sleepwalking, but that is a horrifying thought nonetheless.

I thought of another kind of funny story- i was sleeping over at my cousins house and we had to sleep in the same room. I'm laying awake on the floor because i have a hard time sleeping in other people's houses when all of a sudden he shoots straight up in bed and yells "THAT WAS A HUGE BUG!!!!!!!" and falls back to sleep. I don't think he woke up at all. That was weird.

Well my Mom always told me about trying to wake me for school. She said I'd speak some nonsensical gibberish. It was like I was speaking in another language. I think it is the fact, that when you are asleep, your mind is not affected by real time flow. I think that my mind was operating at such a speed, that my mouth was incapable of keeping up. Stranger none the less.

Apparently when people try and wake me up, I'll carry on whole conversations with them and not remember that any of it ever happened.

Also, I was talking to my mother one day (when I was visiting her and my dad), she woke me up and I started talking about flowers for some reason. Weird.

Oh, and I use to sleep through fire alarms in dormitories. Like these things were loud loud loud and I could sleep through them. People would ask me about them later and I was like "what?"

Well my Mom always told me about trying to wake me for school. She said I'd speak some nonsensical gibberish. It was like I was speaking in another language. I think it is the fact, that when you are asleep, your mind is not affected by real time flow. I think that my mind was operating at such a speed, that my mouth was incapable of keeping up. Stranger none the less.

Makes sense to me. I think that maybe when you're asleep your mother language (From country of origin) is so natural to you from hearing and speaking it that you can instinctually understand it, but if you tried to speak it in that state it would be gibberish. The brain is obviously functioning on a different plain during sleep, so while you remember hearing english or whatever language in your dream, if you tried to speak using those same brainwaves it wouldn't work because of the different signals the brain sends while awake. Did that make sense at all?

I forgot to mention that maybe the thoughts or brainwaves from your dreams were trying to come through, but you were semi-awake so your mother interpreted it as gibberish. So maybe what she heard was (This is gonna sound dumb) your dream language that has no equal or anything similar to it in the real world. just a thought.....

Guest veristic

I don't sleep walk, and I guess I mumble sometimes in my sleep but no real conversations with someone awake. I have once however slept 24 hours straight completely, 6pm one night through to 6pm the next night.