Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles

So impressions people? I've had this game on pre-order for about 5 months now and its finally shipped... Not that that could keep me from trying it out early :P .

The short version is that I love this, and with the possible exception of the 3d in-engine cutscenes, everything looks and plays perfectly. I will sure as hell be reviewing this in the next few days.

Grabbing it as we speak as well. This has to be one of the better CV titles to hit in a while and I have high expectations of this.

Apparently it's a PSX port with PSP native screen resolution support.

No its actually PSX native resolution with a border. You can't even stretch it to full screen. There is also additional stuff supposedly (not Saturn stuff) that I haven't come across yet. Oh and Maria is playable.

And yeh there is new writing in both Rondo and Symphony with the same voice actors across both. It works quite well and makes a lot more sense, but might be a bit jarring to people who've played SOTN before. You get over it though. If anyone knows Yuri Lowenthal, he does Alucard's voice now and isn't too bad. I like his style.

Just played it yesterday night. And it makes me play until 4am in the morning! Damn, sleepy now at work :lol:

I like this kind of Castlevania, limited exploration and with end of level boss to boot. Really old school feel and really remind me of old platform style like Gods for PC. I really love it.

SO, I can safely say I will support original for this. And the soundtrack is really really superb. And I love the 2.5D style of the game. Feel refreshing. A triple :lol: for this.