dead already?

We need to completely revamp our Mugen forum. The reason people flock here is because we're also affiliated with MugenGuild. Mugen is related to emulation because in order to rip sprites, etc.. you need to use emulators.

If anyone has any ideas to improve this section of 1Emulation, I'm all ears! :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I'm wondering is... why do we even have a MUGEN thread in the first place? I mean it's a cool app and all, but this is an emulation site, you know, and last I checked this wasn't emulation related and is rather specific subject... and how come people flock here instead of their official forums? I don't understand how this could become so popular ;/

It kind of is and isn't emulation, It emulates a 2d fighting engine but it's not really emulating a specific type (CPS, CPS2,etc....)

I've been building a mugen cabinet for a year now so knowing this section is here and people can help me is a good reason to keep it around to help everyone.

what I'm wondering is... why do we even have a MUGEN thread in the first place? I mean it's a cool app and all, but this is an emulation site, you know, and last I checked this wasn't emulation related and is rather specific subject... and how come people flock here instead of their official forums? I don't understand how this could become so popular ;/

Funny thing i didnt know was that mugen was classified as a emulator(thats what i heard maybe its not). I just thought it was a 2d fighting program.

Edited by kuroioni

it isn't an emulator... it's a 2D fighting game engine built from scratch... it isn't translating opcodes or interpreting DMA reads/writes, or anything like that, therefore it isn't related to emulation really

Edited by Reaper man

We need to completely revamp our Mugen forum. The reason people flock here is because we're also affiliated with MugenGuild. Mugen is related to emulation because in order to rip sprites, etc.. you need to use emulators.

If anyone has any ideas to improve this section of 1Emulation, I'm all ears! :clapping:

I think there needs to be some kind of link trading happening. Like all the affiliates 1 emulation has (Mugenguild especially) should have links to here if they don't already. That alone would increase the traffic to here. Probably. :peopleseybrow:

it isn't an emulator... it's a 2D fighting game engine built from scratch... it isn't translating opcodes or interpreting DMA reads/writes, or anything like that, therefore it isn't related to emulation really

Like gamecop said first and foremost you need an emulator to rip the sprites to make characters in mugen.Plus the same people who play say, marvel vs capcom or king of fighters on mame would probably be interested to know they could make a custom fighting game with all those fighters together. The "scenes" so to speak of emulation and mugen are very closely linked and mostly include people from both. And this site isn't 100% emulation topics anyway. The lounge is all non-emulation stuff and it's still here, and people enjoy it. So in short it is related and has a right to be here. And people like bambi, kuroioni and myself that are already here and interested in mugen shouldn't be forced to go elsewhere to talk about it.

If anyone has any ideas to improve this section of 1Emulation, I'm all ears! :clapping:

I think there needs to be some kind of link trading happening. Like all the affiliates 1 emulation has (Mugenguild especially) should have links to here if they don't already. That alone would increase the traffic to here. Probably. :peopleseybrow:

We already do that with MugenGuild. You can see our affiliate button on the main page of MugenGuild and on the bottom of their forums. Valodim, owner of MugenGuild, is also an ambassador here, as well as I am an ambassador on MugenGuild. As one can tell, we're good friends. :angry:

We already do that with MugenGuild. You can see our affiliate button on the main page of MugenGuild and on the bottom of their forums. Valodim, owner of MugenGuild, is also an ambassador here, as well as I am an ambassador on MugenGuild. As one can tell, we're good friends. :angry:

Hmm... are there any other sites you could do that with? Like Mugen infantry for example?

Geez, this thread has kind of spiraled away from my original idea for starting it. I merely wanted to state that there's little or no movement for the past week or more in this part, and that's all. Somehow it's turned into whether or not you like mugen or whether or not it should be talked about here at all. I'm getting upset with what people are thinking about the very facet of this site that brought me here. I really regret even saying anything. I truly do.

Geez, this thread has kind of spiraled away from my original idea for starting it. I merely wanted to state that there's little or no movement for the past week or more in this part, and that's all. Somehow it's turned into whether or not you like mugen or whether or not it should be talked about here at all. I'm getting upset with what people are thinking about the very facet of this site that brought me here. I really regret even saying anything. I truly do.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE mugen, and I am happy its helping keep the site active. I am also glad that we have a MUGEN forum and I used to post there form time to time. May start again sometime.