What's your favorite CHEESE?

Alpha

I'm not sure if we have ever had a thread like this before. But, I'm going to say it out loud --> I'm a huge fan of cheese! That's right, the dairy produce from cows that tastes spectacular. Man, today, I'm so hungry ... all I can think about is food (hence the last topic).

So anyway, my favorite cheese would have to be CHEDDAR. Yep, it's a basic cheese, but all I can say is that it punches American cheese out the window. It's salty, it's tasty, and you can use it for everything. It tastes great in burgers, burritos, you name it!

Now my least favorite cheese would be SWISS. Yep, another basic cheese, but I don't understand the hype with this cheese. It has a terrible after taste if you eat it by itself and I don't think it actually makes burgers taste any better. MOZARALLA definitely blows SWISS cheese out of the water and is a much better substitution. PROVOLONE isn't bad as well, but it's soaked with animal oil ... and you can really taste it.

So what's your favorite cheese? And if you got one, what's your least favorite?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROVOLONE, thats my favorite. Then I like Mozzarella, I like it's physical properties and taste. Munster as well. Pepper-Jack, I loooooooove cheese too.

Swiss goes great with the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki from Subway. But I think Subway cheese is watered down because they're cheap asses.

There is one I hate. AMERICAN CHEESE! I HATE IT........ Use Cheddar on your Broccoli instead. And any cheese is better than it on a Grilled Cheese. It has a cousin, which is worse, that is Velveda. These two have a horrible consistency, it's like its made from edible soft plastic. I don't like the way they taste, especially Velveda. They are on all levels... inferior.

Hmm... I don't know if I can force myself to pick a favorite. By itself I like muenster and mozzarella. But then again melt mozzarella over nachos and I'm in heaven. I do like provolone or colby or maybe even swiss in my sandwiches. I also happen to have a huge LOOOOVE for cheese. Once again, glad to know I'm not alone. I really prefer the "deli" cheeses over american as well, Belthasar. Why settle, right? I can't forget to say cheddar. I love a good piece of cheddar with some lebanon baloney (A stellar sandwich meat produced right here in good old PA if you didn't know. apparently it's hard to come by outside of the keystone state, but I digress.) That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I do like the marbeled cheeses, like cheddar/jack as well. i like parmesean even if it isn't shredded. It has a kind of dried play-do texture and a strong aged flavor, but it's great! Well, you don't have to be from Wisconsin to be a cheesehead, huh?(Man, I gotta get to the deli now. :D )

Edited by onetrueblade

Sadly, I haven't had enough varieties of cheese to make an accurate opinion, but off the top of my head I do enjoy provolone and muenster

I don't care for swiss and ricotta

Cottage cheese is fucking gross ;/

Edited by Reaper man

Sharp cheddar rules, when i make lasanga i always use cheddar and mozzerella, im with ya on the swiss thing the after taste is bad but it does match well with mushrooms and sauce on a burger. riccotta and cottage cheeses should be banned from existance they are disgusting. i also hate cream cheese but i make a killer cheese cake.

Ok ricotta does suck. its dry and tastes like what you might think old unwashed gym socks might taste like. But ca-mon, cottage cheese is great. Ok its just an opinion.

But a few times in the past, I remember eating Cream Cheese right off the stick with a knife. And I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. Its what I get for my birthday, every year.

Hell yea, got some Cheese lovers here. Perhaps someone can send a cheese basket?? Ohhhhh!

Ok ricotta does suck. its dry and tastes like what you might think old unwashed gym socks might taste like. But ca-mon, cottage cheese is great. Ok its just an opinion.

But a few times in the past, I remember eating Cream Cheese right off the stick with a knife. And I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. Its what I get for my birthday, every year.

Hell yea, got some Cheese lovers here. Perhaps someone can send a cheese basket?? Ohhhhh!

cheesy :lol::(