Create a fighting game

Fatal Rose

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a system like this:

1. make a Tekken fighting-like system and control.

2. make a fully customisable character with slots for moves (ala DBZ game on PS2 where you assigned moves to slots). Must choose school

of styles (taekwando, Karate, shaolin, wrestling etc) before choosing moves so that moves restricted to the school.

3. Slots increased with experiences and ranks.

4. Take photoshot of your mug and make a 3D resemblance of it.

5. Make it online.

Now that would be fun :kramer2:

I have 3 design docs on various systems I'd like to use (ripped off of what's been on the market for the last 20 years) and another doc with a bunch of characters.

I hope to get a bunch of smart ass chinks to make it for me.

2. make a fully customisable character with slots for moves (ala DBZ game on PS2 where you assigned moves to slots). Must choose school

of styles (taekwando, Karate, shaolin, wrestling etc) before choosing moves so that moves restricted to the school.

5. Make it online.

They could have a paste your picture on your character in a fighting game, My Rainbow Six Vegas character has me on it

5. Make it online.

They could have a paste your picture on your character in a fighting game, My Rainbow Six Vegas character has me on it

But i want a full 3D representative of myself on Tekken like models. That would be awesome seeing that I won't be able to perform those moves in real life anyway :naughty:

It's a 3d character in Rainbow Six, except with no hair

Ah, so the technology is there to be used! Then only waiting for someone to catch on to it and put it in a fighting game then :kramer2:

Who wouldn't want to say " I know kung fu" :naughty:

It's a 3d character in Rainbow Six, except with no hair

Ah, so the technology is there to be used! Then only waiting for someone to catch on to it and put it in a fighting game then :kramer2:

Who wouldn't want to say " I know kung fu" :naughty:

Yup, BUT they need to fix the thing were it must see your ears to work

I think the Tony hawk games on 360 have the make your face thing too

Oh man, you just got the right guy for ideas...... Heh

Lets start off with the basics. Keep in mind I don't really like divulging too much information, because I aspire to make games one day. Even though I'm likely going to end up an art lead. Also considering, I really don't think I'll make any fighting games. So then, on with it.

For starters, I always thought that There should be multiple costumes. Sure you get a few in 3D games. And Tekken 5 had some items you can add, that was cool, but in 2D games, it was mainly just color variations. So obviously this applies to 2D, but Id like ... just plain more. Perhaps mix and match layers, along with color edits.

Ok, another thing is the monotony of battlecries. Ok, remember StarOcean II, I heard "Tear into Pieces" like 500.000 times in one playthrough. OK, that isn't a fighting game, but how many times can RYU say HadoKen before his voice begins to go. Perhaps you can make this situational. Like if it is a clutch situation, make him SCREAM it out like a crazy man at the top of his lungs. Or if it is totally not necessary to throw a fireball, perhaps he can kinda grunt and sometimes just go "HA" or snicker. (sounds more like Ken) Or if he is getting trapped in a series of maneuvers from his opponent, when he does a move, his voice has a certain agitated or angry sound, or perhaps a "so predictable" attitude in his voice. You get the point, but the main thing I'm driving at, is there should be a pool of material, for any 1 given move or situation. So some kinda algorithm would be in place to randomize it.

If it is going to be a 3D game, level design would be an issue for me. Virtual Fighter, and Dead or alive was a nice break in the mix. But Tekken got tiresome with the wall nonsense. In 2D games, having walls makes a certain strategy, like putting the pressure down, but it would be nice to have some kinda verity. I don't know if it would go well with such a game, but never ending levels, like pseudo 3D levels that pan around. I don't know. This aspect requires more thought.

Customization..... Street Fighter had some great customization in the area of fighting type. All those Groves. I really haven't played much Samurai Showdown, so I never really got to understand the differences between Bust and whatever... Lets not forget The Last Blade series. Having the option to really mix up the strategy, would be amazing. Because some characters are naturally stronger against others. I.E. E Honda is a Shoto killer. And I have a problem in not loosing while playing as Brian Fury. O.K. it's other peoples problem. But I know Brian so well, or rather, I know everyone else so well. If there was more verity in styles, plus the style of the player, it would really mix things up. And I'm not talking about the Last Blade setup either. Either you were powerful and could cancel moves, or you were fast, and could chain them. I'm talking more along the lines of Street Fighter, where certain attributes were in place with any given Groove. Like air blocks were not there with whatever groove it was. used to be S in Alpha 3. But Id personally like to go beyond that, and make individualized styles for each character. Not making them sooo different, but enough to see that they.... kinda dumped there XP into certain moves or move sets. WOW ... THATS IT!! What if you started with a base character, but you can dump Xp into attributes and style. But separate them. Experience points & Style points. Like if you are totally kicking ass, like defeating the opponent quickly, or nailing some great combos, and also keeping them varied, no spamming, and reading your opponent well (some kinda tally multiplier) then you get an awesome bonus. Then of course you'd have to have a skill tree or something of the like. And obviously you would have to have certain things RIDICULOUS in price. And don't forget to keep things balanced. Of course you would have a rating system as to how powerful a character really or potentially is, Like in Armored Core. So then if you beat up a Nube, your XP/SP doesn't go up so much, and vise versa. Damn this would be quite tough to pull off. From Conception, to setting it up, (PROGRAMMING.... yea... good luck) Play testing the characters to make them balanced (Beta like crazzy) I don't even know how much time and effort that would take. Because I'm not talking about a few trees, I'm talking EPIC. But whatever, theres my idea on that.

So yea... I'll leave it at that for now. This got pretty long. What do you think? I came up with some of it on the spot. Although the trees are not a new concept, (Blizzard) It just makes me smile. Like when I fired up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the first time. RPG elements are the best.

So yea, I'm totally teeming with ideas for games, that is why I think I can go far. If I'm reeeeeeealy lucky. ...................................................And not quite so lazy.

Edited by Belthasar

I honestly believe that I have an amazing idea for a fighting game that would revolutionize the genre. I have been working on the combat system and story for years. I also helped develop the characters and story through playing pen and paper RPG's. Heck I would even do some of the motion capturing for some of the moves.