Best RPG's

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm Besides FFVIII i never enjoyed many RPGs. Legend of Legia is pretty good.

FFVIII was the best by far, I agree. I love that game.

Lost Odyssey's magic system is pretty uninteresting actually and the game has more than a few texture glitches and framerate hitches... but apart from that its story just keeps getting better. The intro is great but then slips into a lull for most of the first disc. After that though, things keep ramping up- I'm on disc 3 and every step is exciting. It's a very emotional plot and tugs on a lot of the same emotions engame-FFVIII did.

Also, just to note LO's boss battles are the most thought-out and difficult I've ever seen in a turn based RPG. I haven't had to replay bosses again and again like this since... well, ever. You really need to find the boss' own weakness and damage them as fast as possible while keeping your party alive with the right shield spells and using the party formation. Knowing what skills and magic the enemy can use is also more important in this game than in any other RPG I've come across.

So yeh LO isn't the best, but it definitely gets my thumbs up in both story and boss encounter tactics.

Golden Axe Warrior on the SMS. Otherwise I'm not a big RPG fan (except Zelda series). Ironically I probably own more RPGs than any other genre :o

I think the thread is about Playstation RPGs. :thumbsd:

It's rare that I make a fool out of myself, but this time I have to hold my hands up :(

Golden Axe Warrior on the SMS. Otherwise I'm not a big RPG fan (except Zelda series). Ironically I probably own more RPGs than any other genre :o

I think the thread is about Playstation RPGs. :thumbsd:

It's rare that I make a fool out of myself, but this time I have to hold my hands up :(

Who cares what the thread was meant to be about? The OP is MIA :bounce:

I think Golden Axe Warrior was a fantastic game. Too many wrote it off as a Zelda rip-off but it was legitimately great, all things considered.

I likve FFVII, VII, and IX. How can anyone hate IX is beyond me.

I hate it :(

It lacks the emotion of previous games. Characters are stilted, the world is far more shallow, and where previous FFs had a very clear purpose, in 9 it always seemed like uh-oh someone's trying to destroy the world again.

The lack of range in terms of damage and difficulty also turned me off. Restricting characters to certain roles in battle is something I never liked and incidentally something 7 and 8 didn't force on you. That part got really frustrating..

I likve FFVII, VII, and IX. How can anyone hate IX is beyond me.

I hate it ;)

It lacks the emotion of previous games. Characters are stilted, the world is far more shallow, and where previous FFs had a very clear purpose, in 9 it always seemed like uh-oh someone's trying to destroy the world again.

The lack of range in terms of damage and difficulty also turned me off. Restricting characters to certain roles in battle is something I never liked and incidentally something 7 and 8 didn't force on you. That part got really frustrating..

That's actually one part I hated about VII. You could make any character into what you wanted to. There's really no challenge like the older ones where you had to balance weakness and strengths.