Best RPG's

Xeonogears does indeed feature robots (like every single game tied to the Xenosaga series).

Xenosaga... I've seen some pictures about the game... and I watched a few episodes from the anime version...

but I desliked the Mechs design.. Macross and Robotech will never be beaten!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well id have to agree, they're mech design is lackluster. In Xenosaga that is. But it actually got pretty decent in Xenosaga 3, which unfortunately, Agozer hasn't gotten the chance to play.

I have been liking mech design for Armored Core. But I realize that it is more, non-unique, because of so many interchangeable parts. But I really like the game. Id like to see some variations, like an armored core RPG, even considering Front Mission. There is another RPG... Front Mission (series) I liked it. Although I started on #4 for PS2.

did anyone ever play spellcaster on the old sega master system?

that was the only rpg i ever played. :(

Never heard of it..... AND WHAT? Not an RPG guy I see.... Don't like 'm? What kinda guy are you? Fighter? Wasn't there a Street Fighter RPG?

Never heard of it..... AND WHAT? Not an RPG guy I see.... Don't like 'm? What kinda guy are you? Fighter? Wasn't there a Street Fighter RPG?

ive never got into rpgs,im more into arcade style games on any system,dont really have the patience for them its a shame really coz i know there is some good games out there. :banghead:

fighters,shmups,fps thats my thing.what about you belthasar?

Edited by fumanchu

Well id have to agree, they're mech design is lackluster. In Xenosaga that is. But it actually got pretty decent in Xenosaga 3, which unfortunately, Agozer hasn't gotten the chance to play.

I have been liking mech design for Armored Core. But I realize that it is more, non-unique, because of so many interchangeable parts. But I really like the game. Id like to see some variations, like an armored core RPG, even considering Front Mission. There is another RPG... Front Mission (series) I liked it. Although I started on #4 for PS2.

Front Mission and AC are probably my all time favorites because of a few things. Heavy customization being the main draw. Sadly there have been more AC games released in North America then Front Mission (Only 1st, 3 and 4 came out, and no plans to remake 2 and port 5 sadly). Also, another mention is that AC2 is by far the best AC game. Ever. I did like the effort they put into 4, but so far, none of the games thus far have proven to be better then 2. I also wish they'd put more effort into making it with a much more better and kick ass storyline, similar to Front Mission.

Project Phantasma is another good AC game also, it came before 2 and still good.

ive never got into rpgs,im more into arcade style games on any system,dont really have the patience for them its a shame really coz i know there is some good games out there. :banghead:

fighters,shmups,fps thats my thing.what about you belthasar?

EVERYTHING, accept sports games. FPS, Shooters, RPG, RTS, Fighters, Action/Adventure, Platformers are ok, but there getting old. Basically, I like anything, that is good. (opinion) but have a higher affinity, for FPS & RPG. Sports....... so boring. But from time to time, I'll play Madden.

Front Mission and AC are probably my all time favorites because of a few things. Heavy customization being the main draw. Sadly there have been more AC games released in North America then Front Mission (Only 1st, 3 and 4 came out, and no plans to remake 2 and port 5 sadly). Also, another mention is that AC2 is by far the best AC game. Ever. I did like the effort they put into 4, but so far, none of the games thus far have proven to be better then 2. I also wish they'd put more effort into making it with a much more better and kick ass storyline, similar to Front Mission.

Project Phantasma is another good AC game also, it came before 2 and still good.

I hear they are still thinking about porting Front Mission 5. But actually, who can take anyone seriously, Game spot has this as its screen shots for it Front Mission 5??? Bullshit!!! And countless sites are using these 3 pics, and says courtesy of gamespot. Thats a flocking DS game. I looked and looked and looked, and only came across 1 in game pic. Forgot where it was, but the official Square/Enix site in japan, only has CG trailers, and no in game pix. Look them up though, and check out there downloads, there is 3 PDF's where you can make a front mission mech. Cut those bad boys out, and piece them together, I think I may get on it. Anyway, they better release it here in the states, or Im going to have to either learn Jasanese written Language,( yea right) of continually read a translated script.

About Armored Core, yea, I like almost anything they put out. But the game cheats, and there is no ultra chip anymore, to attain the same abilities as the computer, example, using shoulder mounted weapons while walking/flying. And yea, What the hell... they're story line absolutely sucks, always has. They have the right stuff, to make a great storyline, but never deliver, not even close. They need to hire someone out of the loop, and get some interesting and compelling storyline going, not this constant rehash. I mean ca-mon, FrontMission has a story.... it cant be that hard....... But yea, customizable mechs, thats where it's at!!!

I'd love for 5 to come out personally since 4 was a disaster in terms of gameplay. I'd love to print those PDFs out and make me some mecha papercraft :3

Perhaps your contacts are old, last I checked they didn't bother with it. I'll eventually get it and play it with a script. We didn't get FMOnline either, and I'd kill for that game to come out in English too.

FM 4 was the first one I played, and I liked it. So I have no Idea about any other gameplay. I liked it... And you say, they are NOT bringing it out over here? Bastards....... 4 didnt sell well. I bought a New copy, in the celifane from gamestop, for 20 bucks. And FM DS was 20 bucks, so there isnt a demand. Damn bastards...... Thats the problem with companies. If the profit isnt enough, they dont bother. What about us REAL gamers. We are the real deal, not some kid with a WII.... I think I might have to retake Japanese, but this time, try to learn the written language too. ( thats some hard crap) I think it would take forever, but id never have to worry about this kinda crap afterwords. I hate having to refer to a script, every second. I remember FFXII. My buddy had the (J) version before it came out, and we were always looking at the screen, Faq, Screen, faq, screen, faq and it would turn out to be a high potion...... meh.

• 1 month later...