Capcom announces Street Fighter IV

Smilee

The problem with some of the characters is they have no more story to follow (With Chun-Li and 3s, they gave her since she's a INTERPOL officer gives her alot of leeway in a storyline).

Fei-Long pretty much wanted out of the spotlight and he got it. No ones heard what happened to him after SFII. Deejay filler character to the max, but people used him as an alternative to Guile. Gameplay wise Deejay is awesome.

For the record, Sakura kept her bloomers, short gym shorts for girls they still use in Japanada. An older Sakura (in a track suit LOL!) would be nice as I said.

(All CFJ and SFIIA Zangiefs are the only good Zangiefs)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one really cares about story lines in fighting games. They can do whatever they want, it's not a comic book. Most hardcore fighting gamers play because it it fun competitively and has a great fighting engine. Storyline is the least important thing in a fighting game, it's all about the fighting.

No one really cares about story lines in fighting games. They can do whatever they want, it's not a comic book. Most hardcore fighting gamers play because it it fun competitively and has a great fighting engine. Storyline is the least important thing in a fighting game, it's all about the fighting.

That's what dream matches are for. This is not a dream match, this is the next chapter in Street Fighter. Like I said before, nearly everyone's story in the SF saga is closed. Your logic basically means "Screw it all and just throw in everyone."

The storyline is just as important as the cast.

I don't want every character in it, but storyline means almost near to nothing in a fighting game, it is really just a bonus. this is not an RPG. Why can't a fighter return in hopes of becoming world champion? Honestly I think a lot of people will be disappointed if the only returning characters are Ken and Ryu.

Heck look at Tekken and how many characters they bring back no matter how old or dead they are.

Heck look at Tekken and how many characters they bring back no matter how old or dead they are.

They bring them back and revamp them, and make their moves more directed to the player's fighting style instead of creating clones, each character in Tekken actually has a legitimate storyline, and all characters are diverse, in Tekken 1, each character played almost the same as other characters, that's not the case with Tekken 5.

They bring them back and revamp them, and make their moves more directed to the player's fighting style instead of creating clones, each character in Tekken actually has a legitimate storyline, and all characters are diverse, in Tekken 1, each character played almost the same as other characters, that's not the case with Tekken 5.

QTF.

I am aware of that, being a huge Tekken fan. Why can't they do the same with SF characters is all I am asking. I know all the characters have a legitimate storyline but most people don't play Tekken or any fighting game for that matter for the storyline, they play them if the actual fight engine is good and if it has interesting good characters with interesting fun to play fighting styles.

I am aware of that, being a huge Tekken fan. Why can't they do the same with SF characters is all I am asking. I know all the characters have a legitimate storyline but most people don't play Tekken or any fighting game for that matter for the storyline, they play them if the actual fight engine is good and if it has interesting good characters with interesting fun to play fighting styles.

Oh ok

Well, I would say that fighting styles in 2D fighting games like Guilty Gear are pretty diverse, I would like to see the same in Street Fighter aswell.

When you look at Street Fighter, there are too many clones

Ryu and Ken are acceptable, Gouki's fighting style is the same as Ryu's and Ken's, but some button combinations are different, and he has some different moves. Pointless characters like Sean and Dan, who are Ryu and Ken clones should either be revamped or deleted from future SF games, if the game developers refuse to make them different from their predecessors. That's why SF 2 was such a great fighting game, because all of the characters had their own fighting style. In the future releases like SF III and SF Alpha, clones were created and the character differentiation decreased.

Edited by Devia Eleven

Oh ok

Well, I would say that fighting styles in 2D fighting games like Guilty Gear are pretty diverse, I would like to see the same in Street Fighter aswell.

When you look at Street Fighter, there are too many clones

Ryu and Ken are acceptable, Gouki's fighting style is the same as Ryu's and Ken's, but some button combinations are different, and he has some different moves. Pointless characters like Sean and Dan, who are Ryu and Ken clones should either be revamped or deleted from future SF games, if the game developers refuse to make them different from their predecessors. That's why SF 2 was such a great fighting game, because all of the characters had their own fighting style. In the future releases like SF III and SF Alpha, clones were created and the character differentiation decreased.

That is the reason as to why VF is my favorite fighting game, authentic interesting and unique martial arts and fighting styles.

I just hope this new SF blows everything else out of the water and sets a new standard for fighting games. If that intro is any indication as to how the actual in game fighting is going to be I can't wait. They said the only way they would make a new if they can come up with something new and innovative (I think I remember reading something like that). So hopefully they have.

The chumps who don't know or care about the SF story will look at SF4 and say "wtf is Guile??". These are the chumps who are gonna remember playing SFII back in the day and want to buy SFIV now that theyre all grown up and have jobs.

If history has told us one thing, it is that Capcom does not give a damn about the fans' perspective when it comes to making games. They will just do whatever the hell they want- I dont think its a matter of having a dream match or a proper franchise extension as much as a matter of the game needing certain things to be able to be marketable today, and Capcom not caring about storylines to begin with.

What I mean is I dont think it would stop them from making what will most likely sell. I seriously doubt that we will see anything but a lot of returning characters in SFIV.