Capcom announces Street Fighter IV

Smilee

Originally Posted by TRIEU

Yes, the trailer is a CGI 3-D intro, but there's no need to panic, at least from our source which tells us the game will be in 2-D with spruced up graphics that will put SFIII3S to shame.

If Capcom decides to follow through on their arcade release, expect to see it on Taito's Type X2, which is also supported by SNK Playmore. SF IV will be presented with HD graphics in a 16:9 frame ratio. Further details and footage will likely be shown at the AOU Show in Japan in February 2008.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean wow, SF-IV was the best, but how much can you drag Ryu and Ken out after ALLLLLL these years? Are they go keep making Guile, Zangief and Ryu reincarnations?

Easy, fans want Ryu & Ken in the game. They are the main strays of each incarnation of Street Fighter. Zangiefs are easy to make, their basically grapplers. Guile, well, Guile = Remy, but the reason Guile was so good in SFIICE/Turbo/CvS2 was because his Normals were beast.

The only Guile ever created that was actually worth playing with was on Marvel Vs Capcom 2. If they use and Improve THAT version of Guile then i hope they do remake him, otherwise.........

Best version of Guile is SFIICE then Turbo then CvS2 Guile, MvC2 Guile was just meh. So was Nash too.

I'm wondering what gameplay changes they'll make, if anyone remembers that interview before they sold the rights to Capcom U.S.A., the only way they'd make SF4 was if they found some new ground breaking gameplay changes. Also for those wondering, Capcom U.S.A. licensed Capcom Ltd. to develop the title (CoJ).

Well, i think it will be continuation from 3S in term of storyline. You can't make Ryu and Ken too old, do you? I foresee some returning characters especially crowd favourites.

I just hope that Hugo make a return :P

Well, i think it will be continuation from 3S in term of storyline. You can't make Ryu and Ken too old, do you? I foresee some returning characters especially crowd favourites.

I just hope that Hugo make a return :P

3s tied up everyone's life for the most part though. Ryu & Ken still train, Oro probably ended up training Ryu, Makoto has her dojo being awesome, Ibuki is happy, Necro escapes and Chun-Li practically has her own dojo now raising and training kids (there's more, i'm just lazy, HUGO got to start up his wrestling promotion after all, minus all the cameos in his ending). Also Ryu, Ken and Chun-li would be around at least in their 40s as well. If anything, new faces are really needed. Older Sakura and Karin? I'd love that, throw in Ibuki has to do another ninja related job and an older Makoto and this game is instant win for me.

I other news, I LIKE Street Fighter 2 EX.

There, I said it.

suicide3lw3.gif

They can't afford on making another SF3- where all characters except Ryu & Ken are new. This game will be for fans, or at least marketed to the nostalgic older people, whether it ends up being good fan service or not. If they made a new cast, new visual style and new gameplay, why even make SF4 after all these years and not a new property?

That said, have older / wiser Ryu & Ken (not that old) and have an older Sagat. My main issue is that a few of the more significant characters NEED to return this time. SF4 NEEDS Sagat, Bison, Guile.. maybe Vega and Urien. Don't think anyone really likes or gives a damn about Gill.

They can do whatever they like with the rest of the cast after that. But yeh if there is no Sagat in SF4 I will be pissed to say the least.