do console or pc games still make you go oh yeah

fumanchu

I've got a Dreamcast now so I might as well play it but... what was really the big deal with Shenmue? It never sounded that great to me.

It's a different game, and no one made something similar. I just don't have words for this game, since you got a Dreamcast you have to play this game inmediately.

Yes. do what he says or I will kill you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best combat system ever in a non VS fighting game.

Bring back the memories when I was training furiously in the park to bring the fighting stats up :P

How about randomly pressing button commands and discovering new moves? Fighting in Shenmue is like fighting in a free roam Virtua Fighter. I still remember all of the main characters from both games. Master Baihu is still my favorite NPC I think. Him or Lan Di.

oh yes, the fight with Bai Hu. I like the move where Ryo show off the Machinegun Fist in slow mo. Man, best moment of the fight.

However, the 70-man battles in Shenmue 1 is still the best ever IMO

I have a Dreamcast but no shenmue 1 or 2 :)

never played them either ive had a dreamcast since its first day of release best dreamcast bad guy mmm...

gigawing level7 boss use up about 30 lives just to kill him!i hate him :P:P

Wow everyone seems to love Shenmue... I guess I will have to give it a spin now.

Here's the thing- I have Shenmue 2. Don't have 1 and would have to 'acquire' it... is playing the first game absolutely necessary?

I would definetly recommend it. As my previous thread mentions, Shenmue 1 give you the best feel of immersion in a game. It is like giving you the opportunity to live a life like a Japanese teenager (Ryo in this case). Shenmue 2's gameplay is more refined but that doesn't mean SHenmue 1 is bad either.

And the best thing about SHenmue 1 is its 70-man brawl that will keep you coming back for more.

Hunt down for SHenmue 1 first.