do console or pc games still make you go oh yeah

fumanchu

ok guys and gals time for ablast from the past :D

we had the spectrum c64 and all the 8bit machines.

then the master system and the nes.

but for me really the only time i have really been blown away was the first time i got a genesis :naughty:

was heavy into arcades back then so was always craving for a machine that could deliver arcade quality graphics.

the c64 and master system(sega) as good as they were never really did for me :(

intil the genesis came along fresh from the importers fired it up stuck on ghoulsnghosts and whenever i heard that music start it was wow couldnt believe what i was seeing :P

first true arcade experience but then the snes came along great as it was never gave me that same feeling

when i first loaded up final fight.

so what was the one gaming moment be it console gaming or pc gaming.

what was that one game that you never forgot and couldnt believe what you were seeing :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my friend got a SNES + Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country. We played those two games to death and were extatic once we managed to beat DKC. (We took turns between stages).

P.S. Please write in a more coherent manner.

O-yea, I remember the first wow factor I had. Played a ton of nes games. then I finally got a Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog came with the console. Sonic ran back and fourth " SEGA " I was like what??? The scrolling background at the title screen is the moment I remember being blown away. I went from 8 bit dreadfulness, to vibrant colors, it was amazing.

I still get excited about games, I really do, it's crazy, but I know what to expect, better graphics, better everything, controls and A.I. - & so on. I had no idea what I was in for way back when. I saw the pics in magazines, but nothing ever compares to seeing it in motion, right before your eyes.

Yea I had alot of moments. But another sticks out ... the first time I played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night!

Edited by Belthasar

Deus Ex still makes me go "oh yeah, this is what gaming should be like."

Damn straight, I second the notion. Pick 'em off with a arm mounted crossbow and a trank dart from the shadows, Bypass the security measures. I still can't get over the story. Hell, I named my computer Daedalus. O MAN!!!!! I just remembered a quote from that game. it was ...

" VersaLife, we make tomorrow look like yesterday "

I can't believe I misplaced that game. Grrrrrr

1991 - Alex Kidd in Miracle World made me want to play video games.

1993 - Sonic 3 made me want to buy a Mega Drive.

2000 - Unreal Tournament & Diablo II made me glad I owned a PC.

2001 - Armored Core 2 made me want to get a PS2.

2002 - Unreal Tournament 2003 made me want to upgrade my comp.

2007 - Gears of War makes me want to get an Xbox. MGS4 makes me want to get a PS3 and Unreal Tournament III makes me want to build a new comp.

So yeh gaming still makes me go oh yeh... these last 5 were just boring years for me.

Shemue still gets me going. Nothing compares to the feeling I got when I first played through Shenmue, only thing that topped it was Shenmue 2. till this day when I play it nothing comes close.

I've got a Dreamcast now so I might as well play it but... what was really the big deal with Shenmue? It never sounded that great to me.

crap, Shenmue 1 is still the best game experience for me. It is like they dump you a chance to experience normal Japanese life in a japanese suburb (I wouldn't call Ryo's life normal though:P )

I was totally pissed of with Shenmue 2 though. Although it introduced an improved Quicktime Event (which is now copied by Gods of War, Tomb Raiders, SYphon Filter just to name a few), I was appaled by the incorrect interpration of Hong Kong. Maybe I was asking for too much perfection, but after the goodies and experience delivered by Shenmue 1, it was like someone hitting you with a large trout.

Luckily, Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 redeems itself by giving us the best interpration of Guilin, a very beautiful province of China. Rightly depicted in the game.

Disc 4 lol

I remember when the PS2 came out my friend was freaking out next to his PS1---

"YOU MEAN NO MORE DISC SWAPPING?!!?"

As he was on like disc 9 of some FF game.

Games nowadays tend to suck, they impress me less and less, There are always a few that stand out, But its not as regularly as before, That pretty much ended when the N64 did.

I've got a Dreamcast now so I might as well play it but... what was really the big deal with Shenmue? It never sounded that great to me.

It's a different game, and no one made something similar. I just don't have words for this game, since you got a Dreamcast you have to play this game inmediately.