PSP Upgrade from 1.5 to 3.71 M33

ksonic1055

I'm interested in buying a PSP with firmware 1.5 to avoid the need for downgrading. I will be purchasing one soon (the old black one not the silver new one) and I'm totally new to PSP. I've heard that its a good idea to upgrade from firmware version 1.5 to 3.71 M33. Is this correct? I also saw a warning on this site about bricking your PSP permanently, and i wondered how to avoid this. This said, can anyone give me detailed instructions on upgrading my PSP from 1.5 to a new version? And what version is best? And also how to avoid bricking.

Thanks

-Detailed instructions come with the custom firmware you download. Follow them to the letter, and you won't have get a brick They are quite easy to follow anyway.

-I say 3.51 M33-6 is the best version to use. Others might disagree. Install 3.51 M33 via the instructions that come with it and then install the 3.51 M33-6 update.

Ok ill look into that. Ive heard that newer PSP games will install the most recent updates when they are played. Is this true? Ive also heard that newer games require the newest firmware. Will 3.5 M33-6 suffice? And will this allow me to use all homebrew designed for PSP?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I just won a PSP auction on Ebay (I haven't received it yet) and the seller informed me that the PSP has "3.52 MEE-2" firmware on it. Is this the same as 3.52 M33-2 and he just misspelled? If 3.52 MEE-2 is actual firmware then where can I find out more about it? I can't seem to find anything, and I would rather have 3.52 M33-2.

Edited by carpenter940