WARNING: 3.71 M33-2 USERS

Mooney

Older ones carried the OE label. Newer ones are called M33. They're basically the same- made by the same guy. He just changed his name to M33 at one point to avoid the cops.

If you install a CFW, you can just as easily install a different one over the top afterward. Just because I'm overly cautious, I'd say install 3.51 M33, get its 3.51 M33-6 update. It's not the latest one out though. If you don't like it you can go to another- this is just the one my gut thinks is the safest right now.

Other less paranoid people will tell you to use a newer version. Your call, and like I said you can always jump to another version afterward.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Older ones carried the OE label. Newer ones are called M33. They're basically the same- made by the same guy. He just changed his name to M33 at one point to avoid the cops.

If you install a CFW, you can just as easily install a different one over the top afterward. Just because I'm overly cautious, I'd say install 3.51 M33, get its 3.51 M33-6 update. It's not the latest one out though. If you don't like it you can go to another- this is just the one my gut thinks is the safest right now.

Other less paranoid people will tell you to use a newer version. Your call, and like I said you can always jump to another version afterward.

Thanx guys, and since im new to this, il take the Overly Cautious Route to avoid any Mishaps. But will i be able to do all i want to with 3.51?

Also, kind of off topic, does the Nintendo Wifi Adapter work with the PSP wifi?

My PSP is still using the 1.5 firmware when I bought it. I still haven't got the guts to use a custom firmware.

Are there really any advantages besides playing PSX games and the newest PSP backup games?

My PSP is still using the 1.5 firmware when I bought it. I still haven't got the guts to use a custom firmware.

Are there really any advantages besides playing PSX games and the newest PSP backup games?

Not really. But it streamlines the whole process, saves you having to jump around to different firmwares and lets you load everything you can think of from the Game cross bar.

Oh and you can encode videos at 480x272 at 768kbps+ with CFWs- you can't with Sony's. You can't even playback AVC on 1.50 actually.

Not really. But it streamlines the whole process, saves you having to jump around to different firmwares and lets you load everything you can think of from the Game cross bar.

Oh and you can encode videos at 480x272 at 768kbps+ with CFWs- you can't with Sony's. You can't even playback AVC on 1.50 actually.

Have they been able to implement direct AVI/MPEG playback?

It let you use most of the features and updates that Sony official updates have. meaning, you can enable WMA, Flash, Internet, choosing fonts and so on

what about game compatibility? (ie, games that require/force a certain firmware)