The whole world freaked out, but I went "Meh"

Put me down for Halo, flock that mediocre garbage

As for Half-Life, I never really liked the first one too much, But I assumed that was because I never really had a PC decent enough to play it. and playing it after i played HL2 was kind of strange, I pretty much only did it to fill in the plot holes.

I can see how people really liked it, I just missed out on the experience (So I'm assuming, if it weren't for the fantastic sequel I'm sure I would have dismissed it as crap)

Zelda, Is not crap, I love Zelda, I like Metal Gear games too, Extremely easy to make fun of because they do get a little ridiculous at times, but still fantastic (The 4th one is starting to look reallllly weird though, still shitting my pants over it anyway however)

Metroid, I stand my ground on, Every game is the same stupid ass thing, You crash land on a planet, find these metroid things, waste tons of times going through the same rooms and obstacles over and over again until you get your powers back, and then kill the final boss.

The NES one, Crap, the SNES one, Pretty damn good, They took everything that was wrong with the NES one, fixed it, and made a damn fun game, After that it was just ridiculous, Especially those piece of crap Gamecube ones, the puzzles where just so flocking stupid, and it was so boring, and the controls so bad. I can't even give the series a chance anymore, they just flock up with every release.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the topic though. (Assuming when you say Half-Life you mean the first one, By the time I got a PC good enough to play that crap I was too busy with Quake :lol: ) The only real problem I have with HL2 is the weapons, Its one of those games where no matter what weapon your using it seems too crappy. Minus the gravity gun of course. But the rest of the game is so fantastic I can overlook it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down for Halo, flock that mediocre garbage

As for Half-Life, I never really liked the first one too much, But I assumed that was because I never really had a PC decent enough to play it. and playing it after i played HL2 was kind of strange, I pretty much only did it to fill in the plot holes.

I can see how people really liked it, I just missed out on the experience (So I'm assuming, if it weren't for the fantastic sequel I'm sure I would have dismissed it as crap)

Zelda, Is not crap, I love Zelda, I like Metal Gear games too, Extremely easy to make fun of because they do get a little ridiculous at times, but still fantastic (The 4th one is starting to look reallllly weird though, still shitting my pants over it anyway however)

Metroid, I stand my ground on, Every game is the same stupid ass thing, You crash land on a planet, find these metroid things, waste tons of times going through the same rooms and obstacles over and over again until you get your powers back, and then kill the final boss.

The NES one, Crap, the SNES one, Pretty damn good, They took everything that was wrong with the NES one, fixed it, and made a damn fun game, After that it was just ridiculous, Especially those piece of crap Gamecube ones, the puzzles where just so flocking stupid, and it was so boring, and the controls so bad. I can't even give the series a chance anymore, they just flock up with every release.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the topic though. (Assuming when you say Half-Life you mean the first one, By the time I got a PC good enough to play that crap I was too busy with Quake :lol: ) The only real problem I have with HL2 is the weapons, Its one of those games where no matter what weapon your using it seems too crappy. Minus the gravity gun of course. But the rest of the game is so fantastic I can overlook it.

Metroid is repetative. I agree with that. Zelda rox. I never thought about the nes>snes thing, but you're right. I'm confounded by nintendo. I feel like they partially dropped the ball. (Don't get mad, Wii people) I have feelings of ambivalence towards halo. Good "Party" games, but....meh

Edited by onetrueblade

• 2 months later...
I still hate...

Half-Life / Counterstrike / Half-life 2

Battlefield Series

Call of Duty Series

Ghost Recon Series

Tomb Raider Series

Super Smash Bros. Series

Wii / Wiimote / WiiPlay / WiiSports / everything to do with the overhyped, overpriced gayass Wii

Age of Empires Series

Virtua Fighter Series

All the Final Fantasy Spinoffs

I used to also hate Metal Gear just because of the hype. I gave the first one the benefit of the doubt about 4 years after its release and it changed my mind.

Still feel this way? :(

Anyways on to my list

GTA (complete and utter crap)

Halo

Tomb Raider

DOA (poor excuse for a fighting game)

Soul Calibur

Tetris

Mortal Kombat (one of the worst game series of all time)

Any Dragon Ball Z game ever made

I dont think I could emphasize this enough..... I HATE Super Smash brothers.

you cant dis on Mortal Combat! I practically quote that game every day...hahahahaha

And I love DBZ II Boudikai (sp)

but I also didn't like Kingdom Hearts...it was too boring.

I uh...didn't like Pool on the N64, or the Monopoly game either..... Glover wasnt that good either...hahaha

Superman SUCKED on the N64 BTW

Soccer kid on the 3do was lame

back to the future, home alone, paper boy, and the Goonies SUCKED on the NES

one of those Mech games on the XBOX didnt thrill me, too much either.

I always liked Starcraft more than Warcraft

City of Heroes lost my interest.

ANY SPIDER MAN GAME!!

I hate the Star fox game on SNES

Meh...

Edited by Explosive Misanthropy

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't ever really for Half-Life/Counterstrike, mostly because I was not good at the games. They just seemed like two ordinary First Person shooter to me.

I think that people over hype Guitar Hero far too much, I suck at that game as well, but people make it seem like Guitar Hero is the only reason for living, and that anything else in life is not important except that game.

WoW, this game was not that good. City of Heroes was much better, I don't understand how this game could take custody over a person's life, the game wasn't amazing, it was just another MMORPG to me.

OMG Halo......

Could care less....

Dudes were actin like Halo2 is gonna project a physical digital sexy whore to pleasure them for all eternity!

"Halo 2! Halo 2! I cant till next year!"

Then it turns it was the same as be4 IMO.

Edited by Shoma

I'll add Bioshock to my list.

Damn this game is hyped.. I just don't see it. The narrative is flaky and boring... the places look good but the almost comical production style doesn't speak to me...

Most of all though the shooting just isn't fun. None of the guns are satisfying to fire and most of the plasmid effects look cheesy. Running around shooting the same ugly looking splicers and killing yourself taking down Rosies is no fun to me. I gave this game a fair shot and let me just say I hate it.