The whole world freaked out, but I went "Meh"

Wasn't quite sure the best place to put this, figured I'd put in it general console. Was there ever a big series of games that came out that were hugely popular that did nothing for you? for example-If you hate the pokemon games. Personally I never really cared about Tomb Raider. Just never interested me.

Edited by onetrueblade

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was, and still am a Tomb raider fan. However, I suck tremendously at the old TR games, so I've never finished any of those. The bad reviews for Angel of Darkness and the few oddball TR games before it distance me from the series. I've started playing again now that Legend and Anniversary are out.

To stay on topic, I never got into Pokémon or Super Smash Bros. Not to impy that those are bad games, I just never understood the hype (or then I didn't have enough friends to play SSB with)

I've never gotten into any sports games made by EA. I seldom play a few matches with a friend of mine, but that's it. Granted, playing the games is much more fun than sitting at home spending several hours watching a match on TV.

I think tomb raider was made for the guys. well i guess most games were! when it comes to pokemon or those other monster games, the shows were cute the cards will be worth a lot of money but the games were boring and dull. even the new games graphics are primitive.

I think that was the style of the game, you could argue the graphics in Rez suck, but they don't.

anyway, i never liked:

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy

Any Sports games that aren't ridiculous (SSX Tricky was Awesome, Madden was not)

Castlevania (SOTN is sweet, the rest are unnecessary because they are all the same thing)

Fable

World Of Warcraft

Guild Wars

Second Life

Star Wars Games (Especially those crap RPGs)

Donkey Kong (Its alright :/ )

The Sims

Metroid (Except the SNES one)

Rainbow Six games (some of them are cool, most suck)

I could probably think of a bunch more, Alot of street fighter games are really overrated in my opinion. I mean they where cool for their time but I don't understand why someone would consider Street Fighter 2 their fighter of choice anymore when its so dated and has many far better sequels in every way possible.

I think that was the style of the game, you could argue the graphics in Rez suck, but they don't.

anyway, i never liked:

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy

Any Sports games that aren't ridiculous (SSX Tricky was Awesome, Madden was not)

Castlevania (SOTN is sweet, the rest are unnecessary because they are all the same thing)

Fable

World Of Warcraft

Guild Wars

Second Life

Star Wars Games (Especially those crap RPGs)

Donkey Kong (Its alright :/ )

The Sims

Metroid (Except the SNES one)

Rainbow Six games (some of them are cool, most suck)

I could probably think of a bunch more, Alot of street fighter games are really overrated in my opinion. I mean they where cool for their time but I don't understand why someone would consider Street Fighter 2 their fighter of choice anymore when its so dated and has many far better sequels in every way possible.

The star wars games for the super nes were cool, but all the others have disappointed me.

Zelda...... :(av-10647.gif

Metroid..... :peopleseybrow:fearandloathingavatar.gif

throwup3

Oh and I believe the direction of this topic was SERIES', not individual games. I'd have to say Halo. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing them.....but MEH.

They're not groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination, the only thing that could even be construed as "great" when it comes to Halo is that it's one of the better handling console FPS'.