FCEUltraX Help

Shibathedog

So I modded my friends XBox for him and put FCEUltraX on there, Everything on the xbox works fine as far as high definition goes except FCEUltraX.

When the HD Cables are plugged in, and 480P, 720P, and 1080i are all enabled, it for some reason I'm guessing defaults to 480P, and shows a scrambled image. If i go into the options and disable 480P, It starts up in 480i and works fine. If i switch it to 1080i, It also works fine. But then when I go to switch it to 720P, i get a scrambled image.

Is this some bug in the emulator?

Psst, has nothing to do with any settings, it's a 1.6 Xbox Video Encoder issue with 480p. XPort simply hasn't updated those emulators to work around it (And any other emulators from other authors that are older, will suffer the same).

You simply need to use 720p or higher, no need to disable 480p in the dash, and you can set it in the INI file under saves in the E drive for each emulator, it's a certain value regarding "videomode" I think (Can't remember right now). As for non-Xport emulators, dunno.

P.S. MednafenX_NES is FAR better than the very outdated FCEUltraX. If you're getting a scrambled image in 720p, it's a bug in FCEUltraX, no other emulator I know has a problem in 720p.