Feel good arcade story

Chaotica

Daytona is still very popular (WTF??)

Nah, mate. Daytona is the best. Daytona 2 ain't that great tho.

ive never seen a daytona2 cab anywhere!

some reviews say its better than the original.daytona on the dreamcast does me just fine!

only way that you can play any of the tracks of daytona2 on any console is in the game outrun 2006coast to coast!

another great racer :punk:

Guest veristic

The last "feel-good" arcade story I have is when my friend and I went to my local videogame store and wasted 20 dollar's worth of quarter's of the employee working there on ONE quarter of mine playing Mortal Kombat 2 when it just came out. He didn't beat me. He kicked me out of the store after getting so angry because we made fun of him constantly losing and wasting money on a bunch of kids kicking his ass. It was hilarious. Feel-good for me, not so much for him.

Arcades here are dying too in my country. You can only find it in big shopping malls where a bulk of the games are those exchange-tickets-with-gifts machines. There is only one or two good arcades left with good games in it. THe people who play games here are all mostly teenagers or young adults only, which sucks. And don;t dream of scoring a girl in the arcade here. :punk:

I like the arcade in Sydney. They have lots of DR machines there.

It's just too bad. Arcades are dying more and more. like i stated earlier, even the best ones are having issues here in a massive city. No one seems to go as much. It totally depends on where you are. The cabinets are so damn expensive, And you have to pay rent, employees, and sometimes you just don't get enough people. If you don't make enough to pay for all the games in time, the next big thing comes out and you have alot of outdated games. Not everyone is like us, the ones who play the good old ones. Except for obvious titles that have superior versions. Like Marvel Superheroes.......... But I would play some Samurai Showdown 2 if there was some comp. But this rarely happens. The only reason Rockies survived, is location, and popular games. They had a good ratio going. Sure you get sad when a good one goes, but such is the price. Now I see commercials for highbrids. Here in Orlando, I see commercials for some place that is a restaurant, but with some games in it. But still, the people were playing DDR. Sooooooo what the hell is that? How long is that place gonna last? What demographic were they selling to, It was guys in they're 30's in Business casual dress. I never see that atop a DDR machine. People are loosing they're minds.

Now the best arcade I know of is my Computer, too bad you guys can't visit, and show me a thing or two......