The Biggest Gaming Event of the Year: The Orange Box

Gryph

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really surprised how short Episode 1 was. The Zombines are a nasty bunch.

The only gripe I have with Episode 2 (and Sorce gmes in general) if the ungodly amount of HD D space they take. EP2 takes the cake, since not only does it need it's own resource files, but it also needs EP1's shared files, plus the base Source files as well. Nearly 10 GBs worth, all in all.

Does anyone else have a bug where the game slows down to a crawl after the Vortigaunts start bringing Alyx back and Freeman starts seeing things? You know, after getting the shining extract?

P.S. Portal is still cute.

I felt it was the perfect length.

I bought the Orange box only for Portal and it felt like a mini game added on the disc, I finished it in about 6 hours and some puzzles were way to easy. I liked the final boss battle though, it was fun.

portal, it was so epic I just can't describe in words. The awesome humor (could perhaps be the funniest game I've played), the addictive puzzle, the credits, everything was just <3 It was the only thing I <3 the most in orange box. Goddamn I still play it trying to finish all the advance levels. Fuuck it, Portal alone worth the price of the orange box. YOu can't miss it, it's just too good.

finished it in one day, around 4 hours I believe. mmmmm delicious cake.

I felt it was the perfect length.

I bought the Orange box only for Portal and it felt like a mini game added on the disc, I finished it in about 6 hours and some puzzles were way to easy. I liked the final boss battle though, it was fun.

Well if you bought it only for Portal then I can see why you might be miffed at the length. I bought it mainly for Ep. 2 and TF2 and was expecting Portal to be some fun 3 or so hour diversion. I was so wrong about Portal. It turned out to be one of the most amazing and fun games I have played in a long time (but Ep. 2 is better :)).