stages in winmugen

Hello. I just switched over to winmugen after running on dos for awhile. (I got sick of char. incompatabilities after waiting for them to DL.) My problem is that I now have amassed over 150 or so stages, but most won't load on winmugen. What do I do? I'd hate to have to start from scratch.

Are downloading Hi-Res Mugen stages by any chance?

Also check your def files, Mugen is an extremely picky type of software, and will not run certain files because of one little error, that is often overlooked.

The defs are fine. They all ran spectacularly under dos. It gives me an error message about the sff and sprites. I didn't change anything, just moved them to the new winmugen folder. A few load, but more and more are failing.

Yeah, I ran into this problem when I first started out, but its quite easy to remedy:

1)First, download the stage (or just have the def and sff files)

2)Make sure the def and sff file have exactly the same name, and make them all lowercase (this makes it simpler)

3)Open the def file. Scroll down to where the headline says MAIN BACKGROUND DEFINITION (if you use an american computer press ctrl+F, and search for 'spr') You'll see a line reading something like:

spr=stages/xxx.sff

make sure the 'xxx' is the file name EXACTLY of the .sff file. afterwards, make sure its in the stages folder.

4)Then, just scroll to the tiptop of the page and change the display name to w/e you want.

^^ happy hunting!

Yeah, I ran into this problem when I first started out, but its quite easy to remedy:

1)First, download the stage (or just have the def and sff files)

2)Make sure the def and sff file have exactly the same name, and make them all lowercase (this makes it simpler)

3)Open the def file. Scroll down to where the headline says MAIN BACKGROUND DEFINITION (if you use an american computer press ctrl+F, and search for 'spr') You'll see a line reading something like:

spr=stages/xxx.sff

make sure the 'xxx' is the file name EXACTLY of the .sff file. afterwards, make sure its in the stages folder.

4)Then, just scroll to the tiptop of the page and change the display name to w/e you want.

^^ happy hunting!

Ah! That makes sense. thank you. Turns out I underestimated my self. I have approximately 302 stages. This will take awhile. Luckily I made a list of the ones that have failed so far to make it a little easier.