Martial Arts movies

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Enter the Dragon - You're not a martial artist if you haven't seen this!

Bloodsport - Classic with JCVD ... this movie has awesome fight scenes.

Kickboxer - Another classic with JCVD ... martial arts + dancing in a bar = kickass movie!

No Retreat No Surrender - One of JCVD's first films ... has some cheesy moments, but some of the best fighting scenes I have ever seen!

Mortal Kombat - Most people hate this movie, but the fighting scenes are great.

JCVD = Jean Claude Van Damme

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Enter the Dragon - You're not a martial artist if you haven't seen this!

Bloodsport - Classic with JCVD ... this movie has awesome fight scenes.

Kickboxer - Another classic with JCVD ... martial arts + dancing in a bar = kickass movie!

No Retreat No Surrender - One of JCVD's first films ... has some cheesy moments, but some of the best fighting scenes I have ever seen!

Mortal Kombat - Most people hate this movie, but the fighting scenes are great.

JCVD = Jean Claude Van Damme

Not a big Van Damme fan to be honest. But no retreat no surrender is my favorite movie of his. I liked Blood Sport but the last two fight scenes ruined it for me. The main villain/boss fighter was awesome though. I own Enter The Dragon, and have seen the rest of those movies a thousand times.

I would not mind seeing some old school Hong Kong action flicks, something with monkey style Kung Fu and more exotic styles like that, but not into seeing martial arts films take place in the "Ancient" era if that makes any sense to you. As far back as I like to go usually is the 1800's. Of course there are exceptions sometimes.

Since I'm asian, I'll tell ya a few. I grew up watching kung fu movies

Jackie Chan - any of his chinese produced movies, literally. HIs recent one was called "The Myth" came out over a year ago.

Jet Li - All 4 of his Once Upon A Time In China.

Fearless - came out in theaters. Chinese produced, very good, based on a true story

Any chinese movie of Jet Li is good

Hero - That one movie producer that made Kill Bill brought this movie over to the US but I suggest watching the chinese version. Very good, Saw this a long time ago.

Fearless Sword - Korean sword play movie

Buchimou(spelling is wrong) - another korean sword play movie. Really good and is a tear jerker.

Donnie Yen - any movie of his is good - His recent one is Dragon Tiger Gate, really good.

Seven Swords - decent movie to watch

The Storm Riders - made back in 98. Good movie to watch. Based froom the manga and an anime is coming out too. There is alos a sequel and tv series.

Sammo Hung - He got some good ones too. Check out "SPL", Donnie Yen is in it

Future Cops - the asian version of Street Fighter. This came out first.

Ashes Of Time - decent movie to watch

Shaolin Soccer - That one dude from Kung Fu Hussle is in it. Very good and funny.

Tony Ja - Ong Bak, like Agozer mentioned. Muay Thai, no strings involved. HIs recent one is called Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector, really good.

House Of Flying Daggers - good

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - good

Musa - Dynasty Warrior type movie, really good aka The Warriors.

I just watched Jet Li's Fearless last night. It was decent. Jet Li isn't a great actor, but the fights were pretty cool. An yeah, based on a true story.