Free special effects software

I'm sorry but the special effects business is a very tough one. It requires years of training. You can't just expect to download some software, make a few models (especially asking people on the internet to do it free), and plop them into a movie. That's unrealistic. What is it exactly you want to do?

I'm sorry but the special effects business is a very tough one. It requires years of training. You can't just expect to download some software, make a few models (especially asking people on the internet to do it free), and plop them into a movie. That's unrealistic. What is it exactly you want to do?
  1. I am trying to make a series (on youtube) called Inspector Gadget GX
  2. I am not a good 3d modeler so I a tutorial

Look at this vid

How did he do that?

Probably a mixture of some 3D modelling program and Adobe Premier or FinalCutPro.

Thanks!

hey, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you really need to start small, and then work your way up.

Start with learning how to splice, cut, paste video clips, then learn transition, then green screen effects, then 2D effects, then 3D, because if you try to just jump in with what you want to do, all you are going to set yourself up for is frustration and disappointment.

You remind me of those guys that wants to do ROM hacks where they want to change everything about the game and yet they have never even heard of a hex editor ;/

Edited by Reaper man