ISO Vs CSO

L.S.D

CSO is just an ISO compressed with WinZip like packing. The file difference is that is just smaller.

The performance difference is that it takes longer to load data from a CSO than an ISO. In a game like Street Fighter Alpha3 MAX where everything is loaded before a fight there isn't a difference. However, in something like Metal Slug Anthology or any of the GTAs, where data is loaded constantly on the fly, you'll notice a framerate drop while the processor decodes the data.

So yeh for most games, CSOs work fine. Just for a few where the performance is crap you might want to try just keeping the game as an ISO.

Ok, maybe game like WWE Smackdown then ;)

But POP Rival Swords run fine and it always have background loading.

So does MHF2. I was thinking of keeping everything in CSO format but you make me think twice now.

Ok, maybe game like WWE Smackdown then ;)

But POP Rival Swords run fine and it always have background loading.

So does MHF2. I was thinking of keeping everything in CSO format but you make me think twice now.

I keep everything in a CSO format. The only games I still use as an ISO are Metal Slug Anthology and Monster Hunter Freedom 1. So far the rest works fine in the compressed format.

I keep all of my PSP games in CSO format. I use CisoPlus (a command line utility) to convert them. I have not experienced any speed issues with any game in CSO format, either.