most chars wont work

Ghidorah

i dont know what xxxxxxx.yyy and yyy is,

*slams head against wall* aarrgh!

Reaper man attacked Ghidorah with a Pimp Slap (1 str) and took off 40!

Ghidorah has 0 HP left!

Ghidorah is now dead, therefore cannot counterattack!!!!

You gain 1 frag(s) (0 stolen).

You gain: 1 EXP points!!!!

I feel better now...

ok, so what's the extension of the file you have been trying to open for what seems like days now?

ie file is, what is yyy?

i dont know what xxxxxxx.yyy and yyy is,but when i downloaded a char the open save came up.no prob i think.so it opens with winrar and it has all the things in it so i go in my mugen,so there it is three colerd books stacked on ecth other with a belt around it.so i drag it in chars or extract it in it whatever u prefer.so i add it to data select like ud usaly do but they dont seem to work still.am i doing something wrong and yes i unchecked that one thing.

OMFG! Dammit dude, where the hell have you been? Normally Id tell you to stop trying to play your damn mugen, but jeez....

XXXXX.YYY is the file name, k? XXXXX is the file like ryu-X, where YYY is the type of file, like DEF or, maybe easier to understand, mp3.

So, itd be a file like ryu-X.def. Duh.

Now, what you need to do is unpack the char. Itll be in a folder, named the SAME THING as the .def file inside. Simply add this to your chars folder. Go into your Select.def file, and add the char, along with any music and stages, and even the order of the char. Example:

ryu-X, randomselect, music=sound/Ryu.mp3, order=1

Do you understand yet!??

ok, so what's the extension of the file you have been trying to open for what seems like days now?

ie file is, what is yyy?

i dont know what xxxxxxx.yyy and yyy is,but when i downloaded a char the open save came up.no prob i think.so it opens with winrar and it has all the things in it so i go in my mugen,so there it is three colerd books stacked on ecth other with a belt around it.so i drag it in chars or extract it in it whatever u prefer.so i add it to data select like ud usaly do but they dont seem to work still.am i doing something wrong and yes i unchecked that one thing.

OMFG! Dammit dude, where the hell have you been? Normally Id tell you to stop trying to play your damn mugen, but jeez....

XXXXX.YYY is the file name, k? XXXXX is the file like ryu-X, where YYY is the type of file, like DEF or, maybe easier to understand, mp3.

So, itd be a file like ryu-X.def. Duh.

Now, what you need to do is unpack the char. Itll be in a folder, named the SAME THING as the .def file inside. Simply add this to your chars folder. Go into your Select.def file, and add the char, along with any music and stages, and even the order of the char. Example:

ryu-X, randomselect, music=sound/Ryu.mp3, order=1

Do you understand yet!??

yes.execpt how do i unpack achar the rest i get.

DO WHAT!? AGHHHHH!!

Itll be in a zip file or a rar file, unless your a complete moron and didnt download it...

Take the folder out of the zip or rar file, and add it to the chars folder. Then do what I posted above. I.E. the marvel character Rogue, in a folder named MvC Rogue, would look like

MvC Rogue, randomselect, music=sound/Rogue.mp3, order=3

Dont you understand yet??

Frustration nation. ><