my halo 3 impressions

Mag

So I played the game for about 3 days now. Only the single player of course but so far I like it, spent only about 15 mins the first day, an hour the second and today about 2 and a half hours. First thing I can tell you this is that the graphics is just barely current gen. Character facials and everything ain't very pretty as I expect. However, theres something I do find noticable as I progress through the game on my 19' monitor @720p such as HDR lighting and anti-aliasing. All in all, it's not a big leap in visual compare to Halo2 but it's good enough to be consider a current gen game.

first the gameplay, I played this on heroic difficulty to begin with, and I did get my ass handed a few times. The A.I seems about the same, small grunts would evade you when they know they donthave a chance or they do their usual running around in circles thing. Higher tier grunts actaully stay put when they about to die or simply charges suicidal at you. The new weapons is very iffy I could say, not going to name some but you would find old weapons as well as new ones. And my favorite part of all, vehicles, goddamn theres alot more vehicles this time air/ground with returning ones as well. Well, my least favorite feature of this game would the goddamn health bar. Compare to the previous halos, this one has one goddamn bar and goes down quick on heroic mode, usually a sniper only needs one clean shot to get down to near death alert (bar turned red and blinks). Ok last by not least, the levels. Man it's awesome, I sometime stop to check the nice background far away in distance and you can notice things goes on alot, well you already should know this by now that theres a war going on. As for the level, they are never repetitive like it's predecessors.

anyway the cinematics in the game are nice, makes it feel like a star war movie almost. Love the music scores, really fits in with the current situation and all. Character's lips sync well with dialogs.

so yeah great game so far, here's a video review for the curious one to know everything about it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25485.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html (hd quality)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I played the game for about 3 days now. Only the single player of course but so far I like it, spent only about 15 mins the first day, an hour the second and today about 2 and a half hours. First thing I can tell you this is that the graphics is just barely current gen. Character facials and everything ain't very pretty as I expect. However, theres something I do find noticable as I progress through the game on my 19' monitor @720p such as HDL lighting and anti-aliasing. All in all, it's not a big leap in visual compare to Halo2 but it's good enough to be consider a current gen game.

first the gameplay, I played this on heroic difficulty to begin with, and I did get my ass handed a few times. The A.I seems about the same, small grunts would evade you when they know they donthave a chance or they do their usual running around in circles thing. Higher tier grunts actaully stay put when they about to die or simply charges suicidal at you. The new weapons is very iffy I could say, not going to name some but you would find old weapons as well as new ones. And my favorite part of all, vehicles, goddamn theres alot more vehicles this time air/ground with returning ones as well. Well, my least favorite feature of this game would the goddamn health bar. Compare to the previous halos, this one has one goddamn bar and goes down quick on heroic mode, usually a sniper only needs one clean shot to get down to near death alert (bar turned red and blinks). Ok last by not least, the levels. Man it's awesome, I sometime stop to check the nice background far away in distance and you can notice things goes on alot, well you already should know this by now that theres a war going on. As for the level, they are never repetitive like it's predecessors.

anyway the cinematics in the game are nice, makes it feel like a star war movie almost. Love the music scores, really fits in with the current situation and all. Character's lips sync well with dialogs.

so yeah great game so far, here's a video review for the curious one to know everything about it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25485.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html (hd quality)

this is what I though since Halo 1, eventually Halo will just crash and burn and never be heard of again. . . it's not that great of a game that everyone says it is. . . i'm surprised so many people actually like it :S im not saying it's all bad it has some good stuff in it like backgrounds cut scenesand stuff buts that's about it . . . it basically aims for you >.<

Dear Halo fanboys,

We have FPS games that kick the living shit out of your precious halo....

With best regards,

-The PC community

Edited by Reaper man

Dear Halo fanboys,

With best regards,

-The PC community

It's just too bad that Halo is the best console FPS with regards to control and gameplay mechanics. I've NEVER found an easier to handle FPS with a gamepad, besides Metroid Prime (Which doesn't really count as an FPS, more an FPA.....and multiplayer would be difficult without lock-on targeting).

I prefer my PC, but you lose the battle here. Halo is a great series, nothing "Oooh wow" but it's fun, controls well and the figures don't lie. Halo 2 was the most played game on Live pre-360.

The gamestop next to my work was insane tonight because of the midnight launch, i was talking to one of the people that worked there who came in and he said they had 700 pre-orders, yeah, 700, they had so many copies of the game piled up they built a tunnel with them.

He also said anyone who breaks the tape on the boxes before midnight automatically gets fired :D

There where only like 5 people at 8, but by 9 there where so many people that the parking lot was completely full and people had to start parking in the wal-mart parking lot and walking over, there where even people grilling hot dogs and stuff outside

Dear Halo fanboys,

With best regards,

-The PC community

I used to be a PC elitist and I then I realized how incredibly flocking stupid it was.

Dear Halo fanboys,

With best regards,

-The PC community

I used to be a PC elitist and I then I realized how incredibly flocking stupid it was.

This guy used to be cool.

I predict Master Chief will get shot in the face and die a slow and agonizing death. Then we will all be happy.

why will feelings be hurt and um mag how did u get your hands on it early

There is a huge amount of hate for this game for no apparent reason. So the success of this game WILL anger the people who resent the game. I understand that PC has some better FPS but even so, that doesnt make Halo any less of a great game. And like Cinder said, it is the best FPS on a console. Not to mention that you pretty much have to own a high end computer to actually play those games at Full potential.