Final Fantasy IV DS

Wizard

(YT-Cam version, no Direct feed yet).

Some small tidbits. The game will have FMVs (akin too FF3DS), full voice acting (!!!!) and brand new animations.

Quote:

The demo begins with Dark Knight Cecil and Kain making their way out of Baron castle. They meet in the center and talk. That’s right talk. Final Fantasy IV has voice acting!

Quote:

In battle some of the classic commands work quite differently. When you use “Darkness” Cecil does not shoot a wave of energy. Instead he switches his stance and purple aura surrounds him. When this is activated Cecil gives much more damage with the attack command, but he loses life since he is using the skill. Cid’s “peep” skill hits all the enemies on screen instead of making it a free version of Libra. Once you use this you can glance at the bottom screen to reference weaknesses.

Quote:

Rydia has all new summon animations to check out and they look fantastic. Ifrit appears from a river of lava and he crushes a rock from the sky in his Hellfire attack. Ramuh summons bolts of lightning by hitting his staff to the ground. Shiva appears from an exploding boulder of ice, sitting on a throne, before she calls an ice storm to rain on the enemies. Shiva wins the award for coolest summon if you don’t count the pre-rendered CG sequence where adult Rydia calls the Mist Dragon. When Rydia calls a monster there is a wait period between choosing it from the menu and her action. Final Fantasy IV has a new way of representing this. On the bottom screen there is a yellow ATB bar and when it fills up you can act. Once you initiate a summon or cast a spell, a red meter fills up on top of the yellow bar. When the red meter fills up the action happens.

Anyone notice where it says "No Pictures" below that? This is going to really be awesome. Time to see if SquareEnix really can make games for the DS because FF3 for the DS didn't get all that great of a review when I last checked mostly due to the fact that it didn't take full advantage of the DS' touch screen in any inovative way and the fact that they actually made it harder to play then the original version (which I can vouch for since I had to activate cheats to get past some areas right from the start of the game).

FF3DS is still in high regard as a first venture, same crew who did FF3 have refined their technique for 4. And it's harder? Isn't that a good thing in a world where games can be beaten without trying now adays?

FF3DS is still in high regard as a first venture, same crew who did FF3 have refined their technique for 4. And it's harder? Isn't that a good thing in a world where games can be beaten without trying now adays?

Well it's harder because of the turn based nature of the game because you can do 1 hit to the enemy while they can do 2-3 hits on you especially if you're outnumbered. It also takes forever to level up and monsters go from fairly easy to almost impossible to beat really quickly if you're not careful (which is why I chose to enable cheats because I hate having to spend hours leveling up just to be able to get to the next area of a game only to have to level up some more when I get there). I admit it is a great game with a very good story but gameplay is lacking a bit.

Well it's harder because of the turn based nature of the game because you can do 1 hit to the enemy while they can do 2-3 hits on you especially if you're outnumbered. It also takes forever to level up and monsters go from fairly easy to almost impossible to beat really quickly if you're not careful (which is why I chose to enable cheats because I hate having to spend hours leveling up just to be able to get to the next area of a game only to have to level up some more when I get there). I admit it is a great game with a very good story but gameplay is lacking a bit.

if you were playing the original Final Fantasy for the NES, you would be crying like a little school girl...

Edited by Reaper man