Hellgate: London

BlackKnight

I just got upto speed on the recent developments regarding Hellgate: London, from the developer Flagshit, mostly consisting of the talent behind Diablo II, one of my most beloved games of all time.

The World

-Heavily instanced, ala Guild Wars.

-Ramdomised layouts, spawns and drops ala Diablo.

Character

-3 classes; Templar, Cabalist and Hunter.

-2 subclasses of each; Templar Blademasters and Guardians, Cabalist Summoners and Evokers, Hunter Marksmen and Engineers.

-Free for basic access.

-$10USD / month for 'elite' subscription which includes new content as is available, and far enhanced abilities (more storage space, a lot more character slots etc etc)

-'Founder's Key' available for pre-orders; a $150USD lifetime elite subscription.

A beta is also available right now for people with pre-order codes.

So what do people think of this game so far? My main beef with my WoW is its boring combat- this game seems to be closer to Diablo's hack'n'slash gameplay. I've seen videos of Blademasters using whirlwind to cut through swathes of demons at once, for instance.

On the other hand, the free online system seems to be an extremely gimped version of the paid mode, which sucks. Also the graphics and effects don't seem as awe-inspiring as they maybe should be. The Summoner's demons look flockn amazing, while the Evoker's massive thunder cloud chucks pissy bolts that barely look like they'd scratch a demon.

I think it looks quite good, actually.

And as an aside, I played a little of the Mythos beta--which is being made by the same company, and it feels pretty solid for a beta.

Not even remotely interested in this game. The only info I know about it is it is a fps with random map generator ala Diablo. Which would be a first in a FPS game.

Glad you posted to increase your post count and show off how much stuff you don't know.