Stretched image

judging from the widescreen cap, it could be possible that he's using a laptop, in which case such an upgrade wouldn't be possible

Why not? Laptop GPUs have been upgradeable for over 5 years now, depends solely on the manufacturers design however.

well ok, true I'll give you that, but those are usually found in high end, enthusiast models... now, what do you think are the chances that his intel chipset equipped lappy has such a feature? (given of course that he actually is using a laptop)

Not to mention that he has to emulated T&L caps with an external program to get even passable graphics.

No, there is no way to fix it other than to get a better graphics card.

It is a widescreen laptop from HP. dv4275nr to be specific. I doubt its upgradeable, but if someone wants to check, be my guest. It runs any other game ive tried without that stretch at normal speed and with great quality. Seems like the card isnt really all that bad...

I figured it was a laptop, and I seriously doubt that the video card can be upgraded, but it does have an expresscard, and as far as I know there is a company that's developing an external video card that plugs into the expresscard slot, so maybe there is some hope in the future... then again this could have been cancelled at some point since I did see this a while back, so eh, I dunno, you might be out of luck....

also you claim that the laptop runs other games fine without the stretch and such... what other games? are you running them in the same emulator (which I just noticed you never even told us the emulator you were using, what version, etc) we need more info like this man if you want any sort of help that's well.... good

That would be great if they are actually developing graphics cards for the express slot. Ill look into it for sure. I was using NullDC with the nulldc direct 3D plugin. The other game I tested was Sonic Adventure, and it ran quite smoothly with no glitches.

EDIT: I just read that this blur in the above picture is an problem with this game specifically. is this true?

Edited by ksonic1055