PS2 Modchip Coming in Memory Card Form

JKKDARK

I'll stick with the HDD method. Safer on the lens.

You know this (or at least the VAST one) will allow you to boot from the HDD as well? For those of us using the Independence Exploit to use HDL atm, this will save us having to use a PSX disc and avoid even more lens wear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stick with the HDD method. Safer on the lens.

You know this (or at least the VAST one) will allow you to boot from the HDD as well? For those of us using the Independence Exploit to use HDL atm, this will save us having to use a PSX disc and avoid even more lens wear.

I guess iI"m hoping it won't cost a bundle of money to buy one since making and exploit was free. We'll see what happens, I'm still open minded.

VAST has posted a "proof" video of their modchip memory card for the PS2:

We have received the first ever video of the Vast for PS2/Two booting. Vast is a revolutionary new mod chip for PS2/Two but in plug and play memory card form, no soldering, no opening of the case, absolutely nothing is required except to plug in the vast memory card! The video shows the Vast booting on a PS2 system which has its shell off to show that they have not installed a mod chip or performing any kind of trickery. The team tries a backup game disc without the memory card and show it not booting, then they plug in the vast memory card and the disc is recognized and can be run by pushing start from the menu. Furthermore, the team state there is plenty more to come and the Vast can do much more. They hint at a fast boot mode which is FASTER than the PS2 booting an original game as well as confirming the mod is fully upgradeable. Final version specifications and more information is to be revealed right here in a few days – so stay tuned!

hmm... looks like i'll be getting a pstwo and that chip.

If what I'm thinking is correct, this wouldn't work on a PSTwo, only on PS2s.