DSorganize stolen by Taiwanese pirate!

Robert

Source

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Work Stolen

So a new flash cart called the media cart is coming out soon, and it appears they have ripped my work from DSOrganize and are now selling it in a commercial package. Not only was I not notified of this, but they are making money off of my hard work. Please pass it on not to buy this device. Video proof

. I have tried emailing them about it, but they don't even have a working email. If you look here, they were even lazy enough to include a screenshot of my original configuration.

It looks like DSorgansize will now become a closed-source project.

That's amazing... I received a YouTube message from one of the developers to review this flashcart almost a month ago.

Hi,

I contact you because your video clip view count is quite well. How old are you, may I ask first?

We are a strong R&D team to design and produce NDSL cartridge product called "Media Cart" – real NDSL cartridge size with Multimedia+PDA+USB-disk functions.

It can NOT play “download game” because we want to sell it legally without violating the game copyright. It uses NDSL front slot2, and need one more PassMe card in the back slot1 (PassMe is freely attached in MediaCart package).

Please see the Website to know the details:

www.mediacart.cc

It's totally Graphic User Interface with super friendly operation, unlike some other cartridges’ "DOS-like" operation menu!

It contains functions as:

1. MP3 player: the sound quality is great, unlike….

2. Video player: smooth

3. Photo viewer: view & partial zoom in – specially handy in viewing e-maps!

4. Recorder

5. NDSL loader

6. Calendar

7. Calculator

8. Address Book

9. File Explorer: GUI file manager

10. eBook:

11. USB Disk: With a mini-USB port to be a portable USB disk for your PC data storages!

I would love to offer you a free sample for your test, if you agree to film a introduction video, put it in YouTube, and sell it as our agent. (even better to let me know if you have own website to discuss it!)

Please be open up to reply me and seek for the win-win chance for both us!!

The only thing was... I never responded to it. :P

Not only did it completely rip off DSO, this flash card also appears to rip off Lick's Media Player and nesDS.

By the way, GameCop, is this the same card you asked me if I was interested in reviewing a few weeks back? :punk:

Not only did it completely rip off DSO, this flash card also appears to rip off Lick's Media Player and nesDS.

By the way, GameCop, is this the same card you asked me if I was interested in reviewing a few weeks back? :punk:

Yep, that's the one.

The website of the product now has this message:

Announcement

1. MediaCart was designed by an outsourcing RD team, and Vendor is asking design partner now to make sure all their codes meet the open source spirit.

2. Vendor totally agrees that all original workers shall be given their due credits.

3. Vendor will STOP all the promotion and sales activity before confirming the product meets all the open source spirit.

4. Vendor is actively contacting the open source code owners that Vendor knows to sincerely cooperate with them under GPL regulation. And this Vendor will do to all other owners once Vendor's outsourcing team reports their identity to Vendor.

Source: http://www.mediacart.cc/

The website of the product now has this message:
Announcement

1. MediaCart was designed by an outsourcing RD team, and Vendor is asking design partner now to make sure all their codes meet the open source spirit.

2. Vendor totally agrees that all original workers shall be given their due credits.

3. Vendor will STOP all the promotion and sales activity before confirming the product meets all the open source spirit.

4. Vendor is actively contacting the open source code owners that Vendor knows to sincerely cooperate with them under GPL regulation. And this Vendor will do to all other owners once Vendor's outsourcing team reports their identity to Vendor.

Source: http://www.mediacart.cc/

Can somebody summarize what their trying to tell us? I just saw the word "vendor" a hundred times.

Source

Out of my Hands

So the MediaCard people are stating that they will release source under GPL, which is all they are legally required to do. Since I don't know of their integrity, I can only believe them at this point as I have no evidence to tell me not to. It's safe to say (at this point at least) that they are doing things legitimately and shouldn't be harassed. If you are using a banner that says not to buy the mediacart, please take it down, and don't harass them anymore. Hopefully this doesn't ruin their business in the future.

Hopefully it will...

what losers they take someone elses work and sell it.

Many,

It's under the GPL so it is protected, this is illegal with a direct code copy, HOWEVER:

If they were to take your source code, and modify key parts, removing some things, and adding new ones. Then It would most definetly be legal to do. However, without consent or legal care, doing this is illegal