Silent Hill Origins Beta Leaked

Okay so here are the facts- a 'demo' version of Silent Hill Origins has appeared on the internets. It is a very very large 'demo' because it is most likely not an intended demo at all, but a beta build shown off at a certain convention this month. The ripped ISO is loaded with assets you never access in the brief run and it is buggy as all hell.

Not that I would condone a ghastly thing like piracy, but if you're at all interested you should hunt down some screenshots and details. I can't say much about it, since I haven't played it - bloody uni today - but what does anyone who has think about it? Is it a worthy successor the questionable Silent Hill legacy?

Just to answer my own question, yes it looks to be. The graphics are easily on par with any of the PS2 games but seems to run at incredibly smooth rate - something I can't say for the console games. Music is also as good as anything in the last installments.

The combat system in particular stands out though- it is far more fluid and simple to control, wiht the silky framerate sweetening the deal.

To say the least, I'm impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just "get" it. will try it tonight. But I have never been a fan of Silent Hill (I am ONLY a fan of RE: Veronica on DC, the only RE i completed :(). But the movie kinda convert me to it. IMO, it was one of a better horror movie and I am now interested to see how it is gaming wise.

K'Dash, don't be such a hypocrite. Have you even played the demo before commenting?

BTW, i just finish the demo. i would say what a great game this is going to be. The puzzle is not so taxing, the combat system is great to control, the graphic is stunning and really letting out the horroresque landscape or whatever, the bgm is stunning (i especially like the part where footsteps are following you but when you turn around, nothing there) and so on. Really impressive effort by Climax anfd I am sure it wouldn't let down the SH fans.