1Emulation [1 Week] Review: QuasiCON 2P Arcade Controller

quasiconreviewys8.png

Throughout this week, we will be reviewing the QuasiCON 2 Player Controller by Quasimoto Interactive.

Our exclusive review will be separated in the following parts:

- Introduction

- Features

- Opening the Box

- Product Build

- Accessory Build

- Setting up the Unit

- Gameplay

- Conclusion

What is the QuasiCON?

The Quasicon is the only arcade controller on the planet that features analog buttons and joysticks required for next generation game play. The layout of the buttons and joysticks is intuitive and a backlit graphical legend helps guide you through game play. Each Quasicon includes swappable legends for your specific game system. The Quasicon is simple to connect and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Whether you are playing a next generation games or classic arcade, the Quasicon is designed for the best possible experience. The two player design features two cables coming from the back of the controller. These cables connect to your favorite game system's controller ports, such as the Playstation, Xbox, or even PC (through USB).

Each Quasicon player has access to two analog joysticks, one 8-way digital arcade joystick, and over 10 pressure sensitive arcade buttons. The pressure sensitive buttons can detect 256 degrees of pressure.

The Quasicon is also handicap friendly! The Quasicon has received praise from the disabled community. People suffering fine motor disorders, such as those suffering from cerebral palsy find new life with the Quasicon's large buttons and joysticks.

»» Quasimoto Interactive

Keep checking back on 1Emulation for the updated review.

I don't want to be a downer, but why the reviews on such overpriced stuff all the time? (GP2X)

One of these retails for $195 on coincepts.com (An official retailer) REFURBISHED!

I can see it has alot to offer, but the parts cost doesn't show such an offset like that. It's insanely overpriced.

Why do we want to review something that, most likely, NOBODY here will buy and we can't help the site using referal/sponsor money when one is purchased?

I don't want to be a downer, but why the reviews on such overpriced stuff all the time? (GP2X)

One of these retails for $195 on coincepts.com (An official retailer) REFURBISHED!

I can see it has alot to offer, but the parts cost doesn't show such an offset like that. It's insanely overpriced.

Why do we want to review something that, most likely, NOBODY here will buy and we can't help the site using referal/sponsor money when one is purchased?

I can't contest the fact that this product isn't expensive. However, we can't also project our own personal income onto everyone here on 1Emulation. I know many people (including myself) who paid $200 for an X-Arcade Tankstick (competitor arcade stick). Even with the GP2x review, we had several purchases made from 1Emulation for the accessories and the unit itself.

Also, we can't hide the fact that we receive more guests than members on 1Emulation. Many people are interested in arcade sticks like the QuaisCON or X-Arcade. We do have a significant arcade fan base here on 1Emulation. Also, this joystick we're reviewing is the 2 Player version ... which is identical to the 1 Player version (much cheaper) .. just supports 2 players. Now we may not get any money out of this, but if the review goes well, we will gather a bigger audience who wants to know more about the product. Anything that is new and intuitive gathers interest. That includes more hits, visitors, and people on 1Emulation, which is always a good thing. :(

Fair enough, I guess being a DYI'er, stuff like this really makes my eyes pop out of my head, because I know how much it could cost me (A tiny fraction) to build it myself.

That and I'd like to know your effort (And anyone else) is actually going towards something that could bring a turnover to the site and help support it, by means of getting something FINANCIAL (Yeah I said it) back from putting that effort in.

Can I say "donation button" again? Just tell PayPal the money is going directly to you.

As for the stick, I'm with Cinder. I love being a DIY-er. And JEBUS IS THAT THING MESSY!

Hori and MAS sticks are supiror

Yeh I wouldve liked to have seen a review for the overpriced HRAP3 SE instead, but I figure reviews for those sticks will be all over the place.

This is probably less for the hardcore fighter and more for the sake of general emulation- it has a strange enough layout and enough buttons to be useful for more exotic titles than your average 6/8 button stick would.

That said, this is quite an ugly piece of hardware.