Super Smash Brothers

This is a thread to discuss your thoughts on the SSB franchise. I think that SSB has come a long way from it's N64 days. When it first came out I was pretty oblivious to if it would be a good or bad game. Fortunaltyle it was, and luckily at the time I had a lot of people in the house, so we would play all of the time. I would kick people's asses with Link, he's my favorite character. No one could battle me one and one except my brother. He was a bit better than me, but when we played together you could cut the intensity with a knife. When it came out for the Gamecube, I thought it was the best game ever at the time. The graphics were juicy, crispy, and exact. The gameplay was more realistic, which took out some gameplay tricks and strategy. I think they did well. What do you think about Super Smash Brothers? Good or bad I think your opinion matters in this discussion. And also..

Aug. 13 Mon. 2007

Pokémon Trainer

pokemon_trainer.jpg

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pokémon with him—Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard—to do the fighting for him.

pokemon_trainer_070813a.jpgpokemon_trainer_070813b.jpg

pokemon_trainer_070813c.jpgpokemon_trainer_070813d.jpg

Source.

I'm speechless. It makes me question why Pikachu is in the game again. This is magnificent news, it seems that Nintendo has actually sat down and thought of some nice characters to add instead of just throwing characters in senselessly. I am a Pokemon fan and it's exciting to see a Pokemon Trainer as a character. The only thing that bothers me is that they didn't call the Trainer : Ash, that would make much more since than using some generic name called Trainer.

SSB is Nintendo's REAL fighting masterpiece. There are NO CONS about any SSB that the sequels dont take care of.

SSB is the only fighting game Nintendo has ever made aside from some obscure worthless title. It has no competition amongst other games for the title of "Nintendo's Fighting Masterpiece". Furthermore, it isn't that great. It's not bad, but it doesn't impress me. The best part about the game is the Nintendo character free for all gimmick. Everything else plainly isn't as good as other fighting games.

On a third note, this is not a game where you think about what characters to put in. You brainstorm characters you could put in, and instead of selecting from this pool, you put them all in there. With any luck you'll end up with a ridiculously large selection of characters, with a lot of potential for making the game more interesting. I think the Pokemon Trainer is a better choice than any individual pokemon, I'll give you that, but Ash would've been a bad choice, because Ash isn't in any Nintendo games. You play as a Pokemon trainer you name yourself in every game. Even though Ash is a selectable name for you or your rival in the first game duo, the official names are Red and Blue.

Never really liked SS games. I had the N64 and the GC, never bought the game. Played the N64 on the emulator but didnt enjoy it much. As for the GC version, im too poor to buy it and also I would rather play Mario strickers than that game. I probably should give it a try before bad mouthing it.

What about Ike? Heh. I think enough fire elblem characters. Link pretty much fits the criteria for swordsmen.

As for the game, it looks pretty great so far. SSB is unique in creating a different fighting game, but hell, edge guarding or whatever you want to call it gets annoying at times.

I dont know about you guys, but Nothing is more Fun then Smashin Pikachu to bits =]

I rather smash Yoshi. That guy makes the annoying ENNNNGGH sound when hes double jumps. Yoshi = Auto hunt