Mortal Kombat

O yea I remember , the comp used to spam the same combos over and over, it's be like "UG UG UG" *fly* "UG UG UG" *fly*.

Pointless!!!

One time I beat MK2 just spamming uppercut , I was about 7 :(.

It was an easy thing for the computer to spam over and over to make battles unnecessarily harder.

True.

I've been a fan since the first installment of Mortal Kombat and I gave up after UMK3. I enjoyed all of them thoroughly but, as an adult now, I'd have to say the real fun died out after Mortal Kombat II. It just seemed like they were trying to milk it after that... and they continue to this day.

Mortal Kombat games have the most annoying AIs. All they do is block and throw, there really isn't a possible way to commit in close hand-to-hand combat because they'll either throw you, punch you over and over, or uppercut you. The difficulty level rises too high from stage 1 to stage 2. If I put the difficulty on Very Easy, it starts to get hard near the 5th match. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - Deception's battle system was slow and broken. The combos were so damn slow and it was easy to avoid everything.

As a kid I was loving MK1 and 2 in the arcades But greatest wish was to have an MK game for my SNES but they were so damn expensive . Everything Nintendo was twice the price of Sega's . I was even ready to sell my gamepads just to see MK3 running in my room . That obsessed i was about this game. But ,unfortunately my console got stolen soon after and i quit consoles for a long time . I was extatic to rediscover those childhood games trough emulators . First rom ? Guess ! Then i played Soul Calibur on Chankast ,another turning point in my gaming . After buying a PS2 i really didn't enjoy MK games anymore . Deadly Alliance looks interesting because of the characters and as a nice 3D version . Following games, don't even care about those .

O yea I remember , the comp used to spam the same combos over and over, it's be like "UG UG UG" *fly* "UG UG UG" *fly*.

Pointless!!!

One time I beat MK2 just spamming uppercut , I was about 7 :(.

lol, I remember when I had MK2 for the Mega-Drive II (the european name of Genesis) I used to beat Kintaro with Sub-Zero by freezing him all the time without giving him a chance to stand but to do that I had a turbo button on my controller so performing D, DF, F, High Punch (or was it low :P) would be easier and faster.. lol that was a cheap cheat :P

anyways.. I agree with those who said that MKII was the best MK game and all the other 3D games are trash (though I must say I used to play MK4 alot although I hated it.. it wasn't that fun but it was MK after all :D)

I'll double up on the Mortal Kombat series being crap. That's not to say I didn't like it, though. Fatalities were bad ass. The violence available in that game was truly intense. It wasn't actually a good fighting game though, the incredible violence just gives it a good graphics rating.

I loved MK as a kid. Honestly, I was the biggest MK fan on the planet. My whole life was Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat, and more Mortal Kombat. It kinda makes me cringe at my geekdom when I look back on those youthful years.

I will agree that Mortal Kombat games had some of the cheapest AI on the planet. Such as running into you out of nowhere and performing an 8 hit combo. Or throwing you. Or, my personal pet peeve - jumping at your opponent, only to have s/he run a short distance, jump straight up and intercept you in the air. No human player could do that, or would do that.

I will agree that MK2 was the best one. But I have great memories of all Mortal Kombats up to and including 4. I didn't think 4 was that bad - it was a basic first step into 3d. I liked how Midway got the jumping in Mortal Kombat 4 right - in all other 3d games at the time, when you jumped it felt like you were floating in the air.

They were great games. Mortal Kombat was perhaps not as deep as Street Fighter or King of Fighters, but still demanded that you played with skill. And of course, the visceral delights in the game were brutally satisfying, too.

I haven't played much of the new ones, so I can't comment. And I agree that Trilogy was just a cheaply done hodge-podge. I also felt 50-50ish about MK3, but then UMK3 came out. I felt that UMK3 was the game that MK3 was supposed to be.