mugen error

i went here

www.unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org

dloaded mugen, it worked fine

i added a character

that worked

i added a 2nd character and now when i play it, i open mugen the start menu appears but when i click an option it just says error

any ideas on what the problem is

thanks guys.

i went here

www.unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org

dloaded mugen, it worked fine

i added a character

that worked

i added a 2nd character and now when i play it, i open mugen the start menu appears but when i click an option it just says error

any ideas on what the problem is

thanks guys.

read my faq

before even run mugen if you want to keep getting error seek tutorial first learn for those who already on mugen project

anyway some characters are on different version ... if you randomly put the characters inside it

errors will cause on your mugen and that means you must download fighter factory first

run the program find def. file

open def file inside fighter factory and check the version of the character

go to winmugen_debug press F1 and then version will pop pup ....

rest read my faq

• 1 month later...

I have been having an error issue too. I have not seen anyone post this error yet, so I suppose If I want answers I shall post here.

Evey now and then, when two characters face off, the game crashes. An error message shows up looking like this: (using character Link as example)

M.U.G.E.N Error

Error Message: Can't Load link.sff

Error loading chars/link/link.def

Error loading p2

Out of Memory Error.

If any of you know what I should do to prevent this from happening, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been having an error issue too. I have not seen anyone post this error yet, so I suppose If I want answers I shall post here.

Evey now and then, when two characters face off, the game crashes. An error message shows up looking like this: (using character Link as example)

M.U.G.E.N Error

Error loading p2

Out of Memory Error.

If any of you know what I should do to prevent this from happening, please let me know.

That happened to me all the time when I first started messing with mugen. It's either you missed something while you were setting up the char, or that character just doesn't work. If you have winrar, it'll tell you if the char is corrupt because it identifies that there are missing files.

I know this is pretty old but i'm just bored -.-

• 2 weeks later...

M.U.G.E.N Error

Error loading p2

Out of Memory Error.

Your problem is maybe your simply out of memory or the characters you are using are incompatible with the M.U.G.E.N version you have.

You could try editing the ".def " file the character are using and making it compatible to the newest M.U.G.E.N version by doing this simple steps.

1. Find if the references to these files are correct and they exist.
  2. Wrap the reference to these files in double qoutes.

Note : There are other steps to making the characters compatible with the newest M.U.G.E.N but they require skills or knowledge in making characters in M.U.G.E.N.

Note : By doing these things you may violate the authors conditions on using his creations.

• 2 weeks later...

Wahwah, screw the authors. If anyones expected to use the damn things they have to work. No ones gonna give credit for an unworking character.

And besides, I was simply using a really old Mugen. I upgraded. ^^

(didnt help that some dumbasses like to use '\' instead of '/' like it needs.)