how to open .xps file?

You can open them in Microsoft Office.

Though I'm doubtful that the .xps file related to handheld gaming is the same thing as Microsoft's XML Paper Specification files. t might help if you'd tell us where you got such a file.

• 3 weeks later...
You can open them in Microsoft Office.

Though I'm doubtful that the .xps file related to handheld gaming is the same thing as Microsoft's XML Paper Specification files. t might help if you'd tell us where you got such a file.

while that is true DO NOT UNDER ANY flockING CIRCUMSTANCES open that file if it's claiming it's a ROM. I'm going to assume that you grabbed that file from a p2p file sharing program like limewire. It is NOT the ROM you are looking for, but a malicious file that probably has embedded in it a virus/worm in the form of a VBS script. DO NOT OPEN/RUN THAT FILE. DELETE IMMEDIATELY

You do know that it has been a few weeks since this post was made right? Although it's nice that somone finally gives a straight answer and a good warning it might be a little late if he's opened it already.

[EDIT]

...and why did you attack me? I didn't do anything. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Edited by Haldrie

You do know that it has been a few weeks since this post was made right? Although it's nice that someone finally gives a straight answer and a good warning it might be a little late if he's opened it already.

oh shi- you're right, whoops. Didn't notice :blink:

In that case he needs to check his PC for whatever virus is more than likely on there

[EDIT]

...and why did you attack me? I didn't do anything. Welcome to the forums by the way.

same reason I would attack imps and such in Final Fantasy.... you were easy pickings, and I needed the experience... and my first kill :3

If they are claiming to be rom files then you are being dooped and you should get rid of them. Those formats have nothing to do with roms or any game file format in general.

[EDIT]

Most Microsoft Office formats have the ability to use what is called a Macro which is a set of commands that the program is suppose to do when activated. They of course can also be set to activate upon opening the file and can contain viruses which range from irritating (displaying random messages and such) to completely descructive (erasing your entire hard drive and the bios on your motherboard). Only accept such formats if you trust the sender and always make a habit of scanning them just in case.

Edited by Haldrie

It should be as long as you got it from a reliable source and not just some random site on the internet.

I also want to add that getting them from p2p networks like limewire is rather dangerous. try to avoid it at all costs.

torrents are your friend though.