id Games now on Steam! With other related news!

The rumors are true. id Software's game library is now on Steam!

id Software's id Tech 5 engine saw it's debut at The Apple Conferences 2 months ago with a brand new franchise. Shacknews has confirmed that the new title being developed is called "Rage."

Speaking at a QuakeCon keynote, id co-founder and programmer John Carmack noted, "Everybody knows we're going to do a good job with the run and gun action stuff...but we are branching out."

Now Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has finally been dated. September 28 in Europe and October 2 in North America.

Now while not related to id Software, Epic's VP Mark Rein has confirmed that the PS3 version of UT3 will be Keyboard and Mouse compatible. Rejoice gamers, you don't have to use that second rate controller method to enjoy something ment to be played on a PC.

-wiz

Edit: Quake Arena is also heading too Xbox Live also. (Not Quake II Arena)

Psst Quake 3 Arena it is (There is no other), and it's not surprising MS would do it, the Q3 port to Xbox was huge (Though never finished it appears, but it's pretty damn playable).

I saw the video for that tech demo, didn't they say something about GIGABYTES of textures in huge XxY sizes?

The rumors are true. id Software's game library is now on Steam!

id Software's id Tech 5 engine saw it's debut at The Apple Conferences 2 months ago with a brand new franchise. Shacknews has confirmed that the new title being developed is called "Rage."

Speaking at a QuakeCon keynote, id co-founder and programmer John Carmack noted, "Everybody knows we're going to do a good job with the run and gun action stuff...but we are branching out."

Now Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has finally been dated. September 28 in Europe and October 2 in North America.

Now while not related to id Software, Epic's VP Mark Rein has confirmed that the PS3 version of UT3 will be Keyboard and Mouse compatible. Rejoice gamers, you don't have to use that second rate controller method to enjoy something ment to be played on a PC.

-wiz

Edit: Quake Arena is also heading too Xbox Live also. (Not Quake II Arena)

This was complete news to me. It bothers me that in Steam you can't configuration to tell you that you already Quake III Arena installed on your computer. They want to make you purchase the game through steam, I don't see the point because I already have the game.