Wifi on NDSL v7

phhusson

Hello,

I've looked at most of posts about the problems with the new DS Lite and made some tests here is what i get:

-Everything works just rightly with commrcial DS games, including when launched from my R4 linker (which rocks but that isn't the problem :thumbsup1:)

- Tried three channels: 1 and 2 don't even get recognized by wardriving, while setting on channel 10 works and connects (with WEP 64bits & DHCP), wardriving (don't know for associating) works for channels 11, 10 and 7 at least.

-Setted my wifi card on my computer to monitor and looked at packets: dswifi test doesn't send any when i search aps or wardriving, while WFC configuration does send some broadcasted requests, so i have a softap which isn't detected by dswifi test while it is by official WFc configuration.

So DSWifi works on some routers on some wifi channels (I will try to make a more complete list later) ...

PS:I only tried dswifi 0.3.2 apps like DS Organize or ds_wifi_test at the moment

• 3 weeks later...

@firfly_ys

dswifi is a tool for homebrew developers to allow them to enable wifi access in their apps and is not a stand-alone hombrew application.

Edited by Haldrie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

DSwifi lib version 0.3.3 now works on the latest hardware. the problem was with changing channels being incorrect, that code has been updated and tested with the new hardware and is now working.

Test app for 0.3.3 is available at http://akkit.org/dswifi/wifi_lib_test.nds

I get a white screen when trying to load the .nds file (im using ninjapass X9 )

:huh:

Surelly a bad download, it hapends to mi on any .nds file directly downloaded from the web. Maybe some program modifies it to put their ads or something like that. It will be better if Sgstair upload it in a zip.

Surelly a bad download, it hapends to mi on any .nds file directly downloaded from the web. Maybe some program modifies it to put their ads or something like that. It will be better if Sgstair upload it in a zip.

This is unlikely but possible.

If you suspect something in the middle is mucking with your web traffic, visit our integrity checker page at

http://vancouver.cs.washington.edu

But it is probably a mime encoding issue on the part of the web server, rather than an in-flight modifier.