ds browser hacks

vistaboy

HI

i really would like to have the ds browser working on my r4ds.

does anyone know where there is a patch to make it work without its ram cart?

p.s i dont have a supercard/m3 or a gba movie player, i only have an r4ds. :):(:):D:P:afro::)

download ds browser rom here

It looks like a mod has already removed your link. You should have read the rules first before posting that as links to roms or any sites that contain roms are not allowed here.

Ok the thing is that the DS does not have enough internal memory for the DS Browser to be able to load web pages on it and that is where the RAM cart comes in giving the DS Browser the memory it needs to load pictures, graphics and other things that the 2MB internal memory on the DS would not be able to store so basically you can't run the DS Browser without the RAM cart. There are hacked version of the European version of the DS Browser that can use any slot-2 (GBA) flash cart as a RAM cart but as mentioned above I cannot give you a link because it is against the rules here to do so.

I too only have and R4DS and am planning on actually buying a copy of the DS Browser just because it is the only thing out there that cannot be run on the R4DS alone.

In order to run the web browsed off an R4, you need an EZ-flash 3-in-1, a slot-2 SuperCard, or the official RAM expansion (meaning you'd have to buy the whole package anyway).

I chose the 3-in-1, since it has GBA flash memory and a rumble function, in addition to the RAM expansion.

are there any free downloadable web browsers that work with m3

The only homebrew web browser out now is the one included in DSOrganize (v2.8 GBAX is the latest version), but it is just a text-based browser.

EDIT: DSHobro v0.2 just came out, and it seems to support images.

• 1 month later...
hey

i have got a new gba movie player

is there a patch for this to work as a ram pack please!!!!???

i REALLY would like to get it workin!! :banghead::peopleseybrow:

I don't think so, I have read that the GBAMP doesn't have enough onboard memory to support it.