PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33-2 Update Released

M33 updates their PSP Custom Firmware to 3.52 M33-2.

Changes:

- Document.dat of psx games were broken due to some important changes in popsman.prx and now is fixed.

Plus, now document.dat does not need the same gameid as game which is played.

- The compatibility issue with irshell loading psx games in usbhost/nethost has been solved.

- Changes in recovery:

1. Removed the advanced config option "use isofs on UMD inserted", as it is not useful now.

2. Added "Format flash1 and restore settings" in Advanced.

3. Added speeds 20 and 100.

4. When in usb mode inside recovery, it is impossible to turn PSP off.

- The chineses and korean languages did not work in XMB, because they crashed homebrew and recovery.

The issue has been fixed, but korean font is not there, so you need to take it with psardumper from official updater, and put it in flash0:/font/kr0.pgf.

- M33 driver: fixed SBK07, now it work.

With this release we also a plugin to load pops from 3.40, 3.51, and 3.52.

The plugin works in 3.51 M33 and 3.52 M33. In 3.51 M33 you won't see option "3.51", and in 3.52 M33

you won't see option "3.52" (use original from flash for same firmware).

Instructions: copy seplugins to the root of the memory stick. Extract the following prx of a firmware: /kd/popsman.prx, /kd/pops.prx, /vsh/modules/libpspvmc.prx and /vsh/modules/pafmini.prx and copy them to /seplugins/popsloader/ with names like popsman3XX, pops3XX.prx, libpspvmc3XX.prx, pafmini3XX.prx, where XX is 40, 51, or 52.

Activate the plugin in recovery and done! First time you run a game, it will let you choose pops version.

Next time will remember configuration for each game; press R to change it.

The plugin doesn't apply to psn games.

Team M33

As always, this update involves a minor risk of BRICKING your PSP.

[Download]

Source: M33's Site.

Some folks over at PSP-Hacks and MaxConsole are reporting a strange bug, possibly to do with 3.52 M33, whereby the Memory Stick icon no longer shows up on the XMB. This purportedly happens even when the same MS works in cameras and other readers.

I'll keep you all posted.

It sucks that they have to keep releasing fixes for their CFWs. :) I mean, I'm glad someone has taken over for DAX, but still...

The only real advantage of the M33 firmwares is the Sony np9660 ISO driver.

Compatibility is far higher than any of the OE ISO modes, games load and stream data faster (in some cases not needing the 333mhz clock anymore) and without needing a UMD in the drive.

If I were you, I'd say upgrade to 3.51 M33-7, but stay there until 3.52 is patched up a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to add on that I was using WWE SVR 2007 on this custom firmware. The result is very encouraging so far after 3 hours of playing.

No freeze was seen and the game run smoothly. Much much sta ble than DAX's CFWs for the moment.

Well, it's been 2 weeks (or is it 3 weeks) since I upgrade after you post the news. No ill effects since then :) I didn't notice a much faster loading though until I tested WWE SVR2007 yesterday. Definitely make the game much better :P