Why So Serious?

Gryph

A couple of days ago a new Internet marketing thing for The Dark Knight (the next Batman movie) was unveiled where people had to do stuff to progress. After people solved the puzzles and riddles, a teaser with no actual footage from the movie, except for the Batman logo, but with audio was released including the first look at how the new Joker will be portrayed (they play the laugh!) by Heath Ledger. It certainly got me very excited. :)

http://www.whysoserious.com/

I love the new Batman, and I am sure The Dark Knight will kick arse.

But I hate these empty viral campaigns. Real teasers have at least some footage in them. This suggests to me they will probably build up some huge hype before the actual release.

I love the new Batman, and I am sure The Dark Knight will kick arse.

But I hate these empty viral campaigns. Real teasers have at least some footage in them. This suggests to me they will probably build up some huge hype before the actual release.

IT'S A LITE BRIGHT

Olaf I dont get your reference. :S

I should have extended my logicz to explain that starting off slow and building up a big hype is always an overwrought pain in the ass, and that it will make the film itself a cheesy fad affair.

My logic about dodgey trailers still stands. Logo teasers are at least 10 years out of style.