hOW to play games with PSX1.12.. ?HELP !

prim

Hi ! :shootem:

well... First of all, ...I am Prim, and I'm kinda new in this forum..

Actually, I'm having problem in using PSX v1.12. I wonder if you guys want to help...

When I was trying to play game (I try FF8 first) using "insert cd image" command, what I found was an error message. It said that it couldn't find the so called ".cue" files. So, what should I do ? in fact, I had clicked (and inserted) the .IMG files...

I'm really confused !!!! help me, please......

-thanks-

If you want to play Final Fantasy 8 badly. I STRONGLY recommend using the ePSXe emulator. Just download it at www.epsxe.com and download the plugins at ngemu.com. be sure to get the best plugins though like peops plugins. If u dont really know which one to get and how to set them up u can ask me. i can also get the bios for u. all u really need is the .bin image file from teh game to run it.

Well when you load an image like that pSX will asume you are trying to load a cue/bin image and will try to guess what format the image is in. Since all PlayStation games are Mode2/2352 then this will most likely be what pSX detects. pSX support ISO, cue/bin and CloneCD (ccd, img, sub) images and 1.12 introduce support for Alcohol (mds/mdf) images so you have a wide variety of formats to choose from.

Since you said you tried to load a .img file then that must mean you have a CloneCD image. Just load the .ccd file instead and you won't get any error message. pSX will load .img and .bin files even after it show that error message but will assume that they are single track images so game with more then one track will have problems. In that case it's always best to use the full image format at all times when using pSX so you don't see that error message.

[EDIT]

If you want to play Final Fantasy 8 badly. I STRONGLY recommend using the ePSXe emulator. Just download it at www.epsxe.com and download the plugins at ngemu.com. be sure to get the best plugins though like peops plugins. If u dont really know which one to get and how to set them up u can ask me. i can also get the bios for u. all u really need is the .bin image file from teh game to run it.

As much as I want to agree with you that ePSXe is a good emulator, pSX runs all Final Fantasy games better then ePSXe ever could. Try it and see for yourself.

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com

Edited by Haldrie