PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33 Released

M33 has done it again, this time cracking the newest Sony System Software just days after release, and producing the new PSP Custom Firmware 3.52 M33.

PSP 3.52 M33 Installation

1 - If you are under official 1.50 PSP firmware, copy kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders from "1.50only/" of this download to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME/" and use it.

2 - Once done it, or if you are under any Special/Open Edition/M33, copy M33CREATOR folder to your "ms0:/PSP/GAME" (1.50fw) or "ms0:/PSP/GAME150" (SE/OE)

3 - Download official 3.52 eboot, rename it to 352.PBP and place it on "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/" or "ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

4 - Download official 1.50 eboot, rename it to 150.PBP and place it on "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/" or "ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

5 - Go to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR". Once finished, it will go back to the XMB.

6 - Go again to Games/Memory Stick on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE". You'll have to press X to agree to the installation.

7 - When finished, press X to shut down and reboot manually.

8 - Enjoy your 3.52 M33 :shootem:

Here is the latest update:

- Now uses 3.52!!!

- M33 NO-UMD: fixed problem with Simple 2500 Series Portable, The IQ Cube

- Fix a bug which made Go!Cam, GPS and sceKernelLoadExecVSH* not work in game mode.

- PSN downloaded PSX games support wasn't working in 3.51 M33 (didn't work in latest OE's either). Now it is working again. If an original PSN game still doesn't work, we recommend to delete files KEYS.BIN if exists, and copy the game again from ps3 to psp.

Team M33

As ever, you could BRICK your PSP if you botch the upgrade, so take M33 installation seriously.

[Download]

Source: eXophase.

So, is this as good as Dark Alex's CF?

Yes.

I initially had doubts about this CFW since 3.51 M33-1 to M33-4 had some pretty serious (brickable) bugs in them. Currently though I am using 3.51 M33-6 and it is great. No problems at all.

It has everthing the OE series had, but also now the Sony np9660 ISO loader which is a No-UMD mode and has virtually 100% compatibility with all games. Only 2 games in total for the PSP didn't work, and one of them was fixed in this latest version!

I would say upgrade just for the Sony loader. Even games that worked before fine, or needed 333mhz to avoid cso lag before work better now. It is just amazing. This is all my experience with 3.51 M33-6 mind you, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any huge problem with 3.52. Haven't tried it myself though.

Its very similar to the OE installer series, except even easier.

Download the package, extract the M33CREATOR folder to GAME150 since youre on 3.40 OE-A, and put the 1.5 and 3.52 updates in the same folder, named 150.PBP and 352.PBP.

Then just run the program from your XMB. When it finishes, there will be a new program already made and you just run that straight from the XMB to flash 3.52 M33. Unlike the OE series, you dont have to go and copy DATA.DXAR or anything after making the update - it is all done automatically so you can flash right away.

Thanks. Now where can i get those pesky updates? :)

Also, does this applies to the latest custom firmware too?

And does WWE SVR 2007 run smoothly wit this? :)

You can get all the official updates at the PSPUPdates files section here. Just make sure you use 1.50 and 3.52 if you're installing 3.52 M33, and 3.51 if you're installing 3.51 M33. It won't tell you if you've got the wrong one.

For the latest one, you have to install 3.52 M33 first, and then run the newest update (3.52 M33-2) from the XMB after installation.

As for Smackdown, that's one of the few games people have problems with. If you use a full ISO rip and the Sony np9660 No-UMD driver it will play, but will crash randomly.

what if my PSP is already version 3.52 official ?

is there a way to do something ? to make it M33 custom ?

For the moment, no. You can't do anything with an official 3.52 PSP.

Thanks, BlackKnight for your reply

is there a way to play ISO and CSO games while waiting for the next M33 release ?signquestion3xd.gif

Regards