Hard drive prob

Corn99

Well one day i got in a fight with some in my house, and she yanked the ethernet cable out, and since then the hard drive isnt detected in the bios or boots up at all, as a matter of fact all it does are clicking noises.I had to put in my old hard drive.What can i do to get it back up running or to recover important files(like my wedding pics :shootem: )Any help is appreciated.

Well one day i got in a fight with some in my house, and she yanked the ethernet cable out, and since then the hard drive isnt detected in the bios or boots up at all, as a matter of fact all it does are clicking noises.I had to put in my old hard drive.What can i do to get it back up running or to recover important files(like my wedding pics :shootem: )Any help is appreciated.

Your hard drive is either about to die or has become dead. The best thing you can do is throw it out and get another one. As for recovering files i really dont see any other way. However if that hard drive was secondary and wasn't your primary there would probably be a way to reach those files for a few mins.

P.S Remember to always make a backup of anything important. Hard drives are very sensitive and Do Not last forever.

Edited by GameCop

DON'T RUN THAT HARD DRIVE AGAIN! Your drive has failed (although I don't see why unplugging the LAN cable would do that). Those "clicking" noises are your drive's read/write heads trying to read cracked or broken platters on the drive or the read/write heads themselves have been broken and the drive mechanics can't get any response from them so it keeps trying to move them.

If you can, get it to a data recovery lab. It will cost a lot since it sounds like they'll have to actually take it into a clean room and open the drive to be able to restore what data they can from the drive but they recommend you DO NOT run the drive until then as the more you run it the worse it gets.

Normally I would say the same thing that Gabriel said and just tell you to get a new drive but I'm sure that those wedding photos are important to you so a data recovery lab would be your only option since there is no way to use software to recover that drive in it's current condition.

Edited by Haldrie

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, the ghost of that hard drive has already made its way to HD heaven. I'm guessing that when the ethernet cable was pulled, the computer fell over as well, with a loud clank!

ok my old hardrive has massive designs to but my hd passed away :)

anyway if this wont help you dude

you have to buy another hardrive anyway put back that old hardrive back

and load your bois

so from there set everything to default and then go to safe mode

wait until it runs for 2 minutes if that hd shut down it self then its dead

if not shut down for 2 hours and walla

if this cant help you out i dont know dude