OK! Installing the HD Proggy to a Harddrive and jazz

Wizard

Ok, pretty simple questions.

My friend asked me how to get the memory card exploit to work, format a harddrive to PS2-Format from a PC and get HDadvance installed all without the use of any sort of swap tricks. Phat PS2.

GO!

how to get the memory card exploit to work

First, you need to make an installer cd for the Independence Exploit. Search for the Independence Compiler program. You need to use it, and not dl a pre-made exploit cd, because the exploit will be triggered on bootup by a PS1 game; you need to have that PS1 game's catalogue number in the title.db file on your cd.

Once you have made the CD image to install the exploit, you can either swap it with SwapMagic or put the image on HDD and load using an official, pressed version of HDLoader or HDAdvance.

format a harddrive to PS2-Format from a PC

Search from a program called WinHiip. Get your IDE drive and connect it (in Master Mode) to your comp. Open WinHiip and it will detect it, tell you it needs to format it, and then do everything else for you.

Alternatively if your HDD is in your PS2, you can use the DMS HDD Tool via your exploit to format it, or use HDLoader or HDAdvance (both will prompt a format when they load up).

get HDadvance installed all without the use of any sort of swap tricks.

Include a HDLoader .ELF (PS2 Program) as part of the Independence Installer when you are compiling it. However, to install the exploit, you'll either need SwapMagic, a pressed version of HDAdvance / HDLoader, or a modded PS2.

I cannot link to any of the sites with the Independence Compiler (all are of questionable legality), but you should be able to find it, usually with a tutorial, on your favourite private tracker.

Also you can find most of the programs I mentioned at SKS Apps.

I could do up a full guide for getting HDL working with pictures for 1emu if there is enough interest though.

So it seems the only thing stopping us is having an official copy of HDAdvance it seems.

So it seems the only thing stopping us is having an official copy of HDAdvance it seems.

Once you get the exploit installed, you can launch any program in ELF form off your Memory Card. First though, you're going to need SwapMagic, HDL on disc or a mod to install it.

Or just get a friend with a modded PS2 to install the exploit to your MC for you.