Neo Geo Help Plz

I think Nebula will say the name of the first file it found to be missing and stop right there. Why it then gives the option of continuing is mysterious.

Anyway as the others said, you MUST get MAME-compatible rom sets. Old ones, or ones for other emulators, is no use. If you found them in the Neogeo section of some rom site, they are very likely to be wrong.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Do your parents know you are talking to strange men on the internet?

:naughty:

ROFL. Leave it to James to make new, young members feel welcome.

No its not about being welcome or not :) Its was just genuine concern :)

I was taught about stranger danger when I was 8 :afro:

also...Neo Geo what do you guys use? like i need a older/newer one just in case one doesn't work. Thanks (also i don't mind ur rule about no telling of no sites where to download roms it's great ! )

also...Neo Geo what do you guys use? like i need a older/newer one just in case one doesn't work. Thanks (also i don't mind ur rule about no telling of no sites where to download roms it's great ! )

I suggest you get the latest rom sets :afro:

Wow, Do your parents know you are talking to strange men on the internet?

:naughty:

ROFL. Leave it to James to make new, young members feel welcome.

No its not about being welcome or not :) Its was just genuine concern :)

I was taught about stranger danger when I was 8 :shootem:

It's a valid concern. That's part of the agreement all members agree to when registering an account. :/

Yo...What emulator do you use though...? I don't like Mame because you have to run it in command prompt...is there something else? (I got viruses from Neo Rage X )

No you dont.

Only the official MAME build is command-line only. There are virtually dozens of MAME builds with GUIs, the most popular being MAME32 and MAME32 Plus!.

And yes, as someone pointed out earlier, the files you are missing are part of the Neo-Geo BIOS for MAME.

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, YOU CLONE THOSE LEMONS AND MAKE SUPER LEMONS - Suddworth from clone high!

An 8 year old that knows Clone High and is into emulation?! Dear Jesus, we have an amazing kid here. Welcome!