Neo Geo Help Plz

Okay i need a Good Neo Geo Emulator But there's one thing i don't know how to make it work. I got Roms and everything but i don't know what to do . If u can help me that will be greatly Appreciated

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to know about any given emulator is usually explained in the accompanying Readme file or manual. Develoers do not write these documents just for filler, you know.

As far as emulators are concerned, you can choose between MAME, Kawaks, Nebula or FBA.

To make a brutally simple generalization:

1. You get an emulator, extract it to a folder of your choice

2. Put your romsets and the Neo-Geo BIOS in the roms folder

3. Start the emulator, click Load Game

4. Click Rescan roms/audit romsets (so that the emulator scans its roms folder for available games).

5. Double-click a game you want to load

6. Set your keys

It really can't get much easier from what I've already explained. You also haven't specified what emulator you are trying to use.

Furthermore, if you cannot understand what the manuals are saying, then it just might be that emulation is too big of an undertaking for you at this point in time.

kk I'm using Nebula because i got a Virus from using neo rage for some reason...? Also if ur wondering HOW a 8 year old is into Emulation, I live 3 blocks away from a arcade and i went there and played street fighter/CVS/Metal Slug/Dimahoo/Time Crisis Etc. So please help me !!! (if ur wondering the arcade closed due to dirty conditions

sorry...I'm only 8...Don't be mad at me I'm sorry, But Does the Bios Have to be Unzipped? or no?

No it does not need to be zipped. Just have it named neogeo.zip, and put it in the same folder as all your roms. Your emulator will do the rest, no matter which one you are using.

Just make sure you find the option in the emulator to choose which folder has all your roms in it. Once you have set that up, if the bios is there with the roms, everything will work perfectly.

So...I put the Neo geo Bios into the rom folder right? and it should work? Well it ain't working, i had the Emulator Find the Right Rom Directoriy and it still won't find Metal slug?...sigh...Please help me... ALso i have always wondered is it possible to emulate the Naomi system? Cause i really Like Marvel Versus Capcom + My brother broke my DREAMCAST!!! I cried alot that day...Well need some help plz!

you downloaded a file called neogeo.zip and a file called mslug.zip, right? Put those files directly into the rom folder (don't unzip them).

Then on the nebula window, click "Emulation" -> "Load Rom"

On the right side of that screen, make sure the box next to "neogeo" is checked

Right below that is a button that says "rescan roms" click it and metal slug should show up. :afro:

As for naomi, no it's not emulated yet. The dreamcast is, but you need a pretty fast pc to play those games well and they take a long time to download.