Emptiness

The so familiar feeling of emptiness, filling my heart and mind. How can emptiness fill something? Or is the feeing the one that's filling?

I do not like being in the army, not at all. Yet now that I got a 10 days vacation, it feels like there is no meaning. I recall dreaming about doing nothing during the frustrating long hours of training and working, yet now I eager to do something!

Is it always gonna be like this when I get my anticipated regular vacation every 4 months? How about after I get released? Dammit! I haven't protected a single person yet - I've just finished my basic training - and yet I feel so empty when I'm at home. What will happen when I'll be operational? How depressing will it be then?

Emptiness. The worst feeling there is.

Welcome back to 1Emulation. :)

Put your head up high because when you're here, you're with a whole new family. (I think I grabbed this quote from some Restaurant :o)

I know the feeling someboddy -- what can I say, life sucks? Life is what you make it to be.

Is the Army mandatory there? I've read about a lot of kids who come right out of high school from America, Canada, etc. to join the Israel Army / Military / Air Force / etc. From the article I read, the ones from America mentioned that the current war in Iraq is fought for the wrong reasons, so that's why they decide to join the Israeli Army instead (probably Jewish as well). IMO, all wars are fought for the wrong reasons. Ever see the movie WarGames? "The only winning move is not to play."

Just be happy for your health and what you got. I was watching the news the other day and they mentioned that quite a few women from the Israeli Army posed for Maxim magazine. They looked very attractive -- perhaps, you should try hitting on a few ladies there? That should help you fullfill the emptiness. Trust me, it helps. :)

Good luck my friend.

EDIT: I found the news links regarding the Israeli Army Women in Maxim Magazine:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=3297502 [Article]

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/...te.aspx?id=1296 [Pictures]

Welcome back, man. Don't let life keep you down... it comes in waves of ups and downs and you're just in one of the downward fluxes. You'll get better in time, just don't do anything drastic. :o

BTW, yeah, Israeli military women are babes... I've seen loads of pictures.

Guys... you missed the point... I wasn't talking about the suckiness of the army. There is a whole genre in the Israeli literature who deals with that subject. I was talking about something else. The army is so... full, that when I'm at home it feels so empty. I just had to express myself...

Anyways, it really have been a long time since I last visited here. I guess I really should get more involved.

Edit:

And about the women - they ARE hot. Too bad there are only few of them at my current base...

So it's like any busy job, you are so involved in it, so immersed, that when you have a holiday you can't think of anything to do.

And yet, the army training is horrible and boring in its own way.

You haven't protected anyone, nor killed anyone.

It does sound stressful on the emotions.

Now, think: what would you have done if you'd been home the whole time, and not been in the army at all? Now's the time to do some of those things. Keep your mind busy.

The so familiar feeling of emptiness, filling my heart and mind. How can emptiness fill something? Or is the feeing the one that's filling?

I do not like being in the army, not at all. Yet now that I got a 10 days vacation, it feels like there is no meaning. I recall dreaming about doing nothing during the frustrating long hours of training and working, yet now I eager to do something!

Is it always gonna be like this when I get my anticipated regular vacation every 4 months? How about after I get released? Dammit! I haven't protected a single person yet - I've just finished my basic training - and yet I feel so empty when I'm at home. What will happen when I'll be operational? How depressing will it be then?

Emptiness. The worst feeling there is.

Emptiness just means your just extremly bored with your life. There is nothing to do, nothing you feel like doing, all goals seem pointless. I know how you feel.

BTW, yeah, Israeli military women are babes... I've seen loads of pictures.

QFT

It sounds to me that you have looked forward to your time off, but now you have nothing to do. That happens alot. We look forward to a break from school or work, and then when it finally comes we might feel relaxed, but we become abit lost in the lack of anything to participate in. We miss how, when we were working, we were achieving, even though it was costing us blood, sweat, and tears.

My only advice is to do something on your days off. Go somewhere you have never been before, draw a picture or write something creative, go shopping, go talk to relatives you haven't spoken to inawhile, go out on the town, and so on. Just do something. Make your R & R time worth something, instead of it being filled with slothful nothing.

The emptiness will go away if you ever face true combat believe me. The first time you are under heavy fire and really have to protect yourself and team you will crap your pants. Hope you never have to face that much less actually killing someone. That feeling I cannot describe but it will overtake any other feelings you have.

For now just enjoy your time off and be thankful it is peaceful. Cause true combat is anything but.

The emptiness will go away if you ever face true combat believe me. The first time you are under heavy fire and really have to protect yourself and team you will crap your pants. Hope you never have to face that much less actually killing someone. That feeling I cannot describe but it will overtake any other feelings you have.

For now just enjoy your time off and be thankful it is peaceful. Cause true combat is anything but.

I am thankful I am in a peaceful country for now.