A Sonic X-treme release...

olaf

For those of you who don't know, a very early version of Sonic X-treme has been released. The version is a well-known tech demo that was, as the story has it, stolen from a Sega employee's car and sold to a collector(s). Following that, that person(s) sold it to some other collector who in turn, released it on the Internet earlier this month. The tech demo only features one level (an early version of what was to become Jade Gully -- which has been seen in later demonstrations of Sonic X-treme). There is very little roaming room in this one "level" demonstration -- but it's nice to play a piece of history. I'm not telling you where you can download this release -- but this is a friendly notice that it is out-and-about on the Internet now. Hopefully, in the coming years, we'll see a later and more complete version of Sonic X-treme released.

I haven't tried it on an emulator, but I did burn it to a CD-R and play it on my actual Sega Saturn. With this and the Sonic 2 Beta and Alpha finally released -- all I need now is a later Sonic X-treme and I can die happy. :o

P.S.: If you manage to find a release, make sure you scan it for viruses... there was an early one with a virus tagged to it.

My Freind says somethin about it for the GC