Classic Mega Drive Games

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old games just had something special that new games don't have in so much abundance.

I know exactly what you mean. I've never gotten rid of any system I've had. The magic never goes away. Sure, I have the newer systems, but i don't get the same rush or joy from them. Those guys knew what they were doing back then.

Well, now for my hit list of games...........................................................................

Altered beast (oh, the addiction. I spazzed out when I finally beat it.)

Ghouls and Ghosts (I wish I knew you had to play through it twice before I celebrated victory)

Gunstar heroes (More major addiction. First thumb blisters from this one.)

King of the monsters (Yeah! Go Woo! the monkey woo, not like woo hoo)

Splatterhouse 2+3 (Killing zombies with cinderblocks and 2x4s? Count me in)

Sword of vermillion (Took months of my life and I don't want them back.)

any Phantasy star (Classic. classic. classic. Fed my love for rpgs)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If and when I think of more I'll post them.

Well, now for my hit list of games...........................................................................

Altered beast (oh, the addiction. I spazzed out when I finally beat it.)

Ghouls and Ghosts (I wish I knew you had to play through it twice before I celebrated victory)

Gunstar heroes (More major addiction. First thumb blisters from this one.)

King of the monsters (Yeah! Go Woo! the monkey woo, not like woo hoo)

Splatterhouse 2+3 (Killing zombies with cinderblocks and 2x4s? Count me in)

Sword of vermillion (Took months of my life and I don't want them back.)

any Phantasy star (Classic. classic. classic. Fed my love for rpgs)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If and when I think of more I'll post them.

I loved altered beast! the "Beasts" were new for the first 3 levels then it repeated i loved that! and "Wise fwom youw gwave"

i never played ghouls and ghosts but it sounds pretty cool.

never played gunstar but ive heard good things

King of the monsters is one that i regret saying that ibve never played but my life isnt over and i still have time

Splatterhouse speaks for itself

sword of vermillion is one of my favorites

and i love phantasy star....

Great collection of games onetrueblade!

Gunstar Heroes is THE game for the Genesis/MD along with Sonics.

I played it all the time with my older brothers, for hours. As a child.

We played it on every difficulty, I always picked the red guy, because of the control variation.

It had great music, sound effects, humor, and a great storyline, and of course gameplay. The version on Gameboy is trash and can never compare to the original.

Just remembered 3 more.

Mutant league hockey. Any hockey game where you can kill all the members of the other team to win is golden in my book.

Mazinger Z. Kind of obscure, but I love side scrolling brawlers and the street fighter/mortal kombat style boss fights were cool.

Columns. I never got into tetris, but this is the only game I could literally not stop playing. I had to have someone shut off the tv so I could be freed.

Columns. I never got into tetris, but this is the only game I could literally not stop playing. I had to have someone shut off the tv so I could be freed.

wait... hold the phone. How could you NOT get into Tetris?!

I mean it's fukcing Tetris! The granddaddy of all puzzle games! What the hell man?

Edited by Reaper man

I mean it's fukcing Tetris! The granddaddy of all puzzle games! What the hell man?

Heh. I was about to ask the same question. I suppose Columns involves more thinking because not only you have to align colors, not blocks so much.

Like Tetris, Columns has about a gazillion variations and ports. Well, one can argue that Columns itself a variation Tetris, which is true.

I mean it's fu<a href="http://a" target="_blank"></a>kcing Tetris! The granddaddy of all puzzle games! What the hell man?

Whenever it hit on game boy i was too into ninja turtles ( I was a youngun' in the days of the brickomatic game boy) to notice. by the time my attention turned to puzzle games I got hooked on tetris clones instead of the real thing. After this though, I'm heavily considering playing it.

Edited by onetrueblade