Bioshock Thread

Wizard

I guess its a taste kind of thing. Some people like RPGs and some dont. Some like different kinds of RPGs and some hate those kinds. I dont like call of Duty FPS but i like UT FPS.

See this is the thing, I also hate CoD and love UT. Not that I was expecting things to be as frantic as in UT, but I don't find the shooting in Bioshock satisfying at all.

I got the demo from ausgamers.com. So yeh it was only that fast because it was a local mirror. It didn't cut out on me though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played a couple hours into the game so far and the combat gets pretty frantic in the later levels with multiple guys going after you. So far I'm enjoying it immensely and I haven't had an experience such as this since Half-life.

I finally got to play the demo today and I absolutely love it. It's all the awesomeness that was in System Shock 2 with a more fast paced FPS gameplay. I'm definitely buying this game soon but I don't know when I'll have time to play it. :blink:

Bought it for 60 Bucks flat in Maine.

Good news is that it runs on High with an average of 20 FPS on my comp. Sans the DX10 related items. Bad news is, I can't get passed the god damn intro scene.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Check out if your computer meets the requirements, they updated bioshock.

CPU

Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP

You Have: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2.4 GHz

You Have: 3.20 GHz PASS

System RAM

Minimum: 1 GB

You Have: 1015.5 MB PASS

Operating System

Minimum: Windows XP/Vista

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

Minimum: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Controller) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 3.0

Thanks for the link , Ahmad89 :shootem:

What does it mean when it says "You Have: 2.61 GHz Performance Rated at 7.80 GHz". Does that mean my computer has a speed of 7.80 GHz?? Its says it on the website i posted for some games including Bioshock.

One of the rumors is that 2k games is going to fine Toy R us 1000$ for each game they sold and probably cut the relationship with them. That one thing i heard.......there might be more or something else 2k games will do.